Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking For a Free Website
Elena's Family Childcare 08:24 AM 05-11-2010
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to find a good free website. I would like to put my home childcare out there so everyone can see. Do any of you know some website to advise?

Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day.
katie 08:40 AM 05-11-2010
Google weebly, it looks totally free as far as I can tell
DBug 09:42 AM 05-11-2010
I'm in love with wix.com . It's totally free, with their small logos on your site (you can pay to have them removed). I've had lots of favourable comments on my site (www.doodlebugs.tk) . And you can get a free domain at www.dot.tk . Free website providers tend to give you long and hard-to-remember domain names, so that's why I went with the .tk name.

I've gotten most of my business through my website, so it's been a huge (and totally free) benefit!
dice401 09:44 AM 05-11-2010
Weebly is great! I use it for my daycare site. Completely free. You can choose to upgrade your site to pro, but I find its not worth it. The basic pkg is just fine for what I need.
mismatchedsocks 10:06 AM 05-11-2010
freewebs.com is what I use.
TGT09 10:22 AM 05-11-2010
I use Webs.com for my daycare website and weebly.com for my adoption website/blog. I actually think Weebly is a tad more user friendly so I would recommend. Both are completely free though unless you choose to upgrade which in my opinion is not needed.
MarinaVanessa 10:49 AM 05-11-2010
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
freewebs.com is what I use.
I also use freewebs which is really easy to use and upload photos on but it will give you a webs address and they will put advertisements on your site (example: marinavanessa.webs.com).

PS: freewebs and webs.com are the same company.
originalkat 10:53 AM 05-11-2010
I use webs.com for my free website. I use blogspot for my blog. I really like webs.com because you can do a lot more with it than the old geocities free websites.
Here are mine so you can see where the ads are on the website. (of course you pay and there will be no ads if you want)
www.greengatepreschool.webs.com
www.greengatepreschool.blogspot.com
emosks 11:12 AM 05-11-2010
Another webs.com user!! Very user friendly!!
niki6925 11:37 AM 05-11-2010
I also use webs.com, love it!
http://nikkiswigglesandgiggles.webs.com
Elena's Family Childcare 02:44 PM 05-11-2010
Thank you everyone for all your help. I will look at them.
newtoeverything 06:42 AM 05-12-2010
I like to use the google website. There is no way you will take up the limit on there and you can have tons of pages and everything..
Barrel of Monkeys 10:35 AM 09-22-2011
Does anyone know how to get your webs.com website on search engines? I am so technology illerate...I was so happy to have finally made my own website, but I have tried and tried to put it on search engines...I don't know if I can't do this because I have the free version or I'm just doing something wrong? I have tried to "Copy the meta tag below, and paste it into your site's home page" and "Upload an HTML file to your server" through google webmaster. Any help will be appreciated!!
Sugar Magnolia 10:41 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I use webs.com for my free website. I use blogspot for my blog. I really like webs.com because you can do a lot more with it than the old geocities free websites.
Here are mine so you can see where the ads are on the website. (of course you pay and there will be no ads if you want)
www.greengatepreschool.webs.com
www.greengatepreschool.blogspot.com
Very nice website!
I use weebly too. There are no ads and its free.
HappyPennie 12:50 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
I'm in love with wix.com . It's totally free, with their small logos on your site (you can pay to have them removed). I've had lots of favourable comments on my site (www.doodlebugs.tk) . And you can get a free domain at www.dot.tk . Free website providers tend to give you long and hard-to-remember domain names, so that's why I went with the .tk name.

I've gotten most of my business through my website, so it's been a huge (and totally free) benefit!
DBug: How did you use your own domain without upgrading? I'm trying to do the same but it's telling me I need to upgrade in order to use my own domain?
Unregistered 12:31 PM 12-29-2011
I just created my website a couple of months ago. I used Weebly and love it. I like that I can do a website and blog all in one, and it is totally free. I paid the $10 to get my domain name but I think $10 per YEAR is almost like free. I have a password protected page where I put pics that include the kids' faces, but you can see the rest if you'd like: www.hilaryshomedaycare.com. All of my DCParents love it!
Grandmaforhelp 03:10 PM 05-08-2014
Hello Friends. Webs.com really a good site. I always use this for my daycare website. Its completely free!
nothingwithoutjoy 05:37 PM 05-08-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
you can see the rest if you'd like: www.hilaryshomedaycare.com.
I checked it out, and I love your loose-parts storage outside! There's another post asking for advice with that; you should share your pic. :-)
Cradle2crayons 01:16 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by dice401:
Weebly is great! I use it for my daycare site. Completely free. You can choose to upgrade your site to pro, but I find its not worth it. The basic pkg is just fine for what I need.
but love weebly because it lets me edit the CSS and HTML to make the site exactly how customized I want to make it.

But if a person doesn't know how to do hat, it makes he site for you.

I've used six before but hand people complain the pages took forever to load on a mobile device...
Blackcat31 03:15 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
I checked it out, and I love your loose-parts storage outside! There's another post asking for advice with that; you should share your pic. :-)
Super old thread.
nothingwithoutjoy 04:09 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Super old thread.
Oops...I always forget to look at that.
Tags:advertising, website
Reply Up