Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Starting to Get a Complex
Francine 09:50 AM 08-05-2010
Had yet another interview not show this morning, this makes 2 in three weeks. Both of these people were possitive on the phone that they wanted the spot, they both sounded like excellent families. What the heck? Am I doing something wrong here? No phone call, no kiss my butt...nothing!
PAMommy1228 10:08 AM 08-05-2010
Ugh, I hate when that happens.

I try and get their name and number when I get off the phone with them. That way if they don't show I can call and ask if they got lost and need directions. Most of the time I get a "ohhhh I forgot to call and tell you, can we reschedule?"
melskids 10:14 AM 08-05-2010
i've had a few of those too. i even have had one go so far as to set up an interview, not show, call to apologize (puhleeeease) and ask to reschedule. then had the nerve to not show again. it happens, hang in there, you'll get some good families soon enough!!! good luck!
swaddlebees 10:20 AM 08-05-2010
I had one no show last week. My problem is, they come for the interview, great I love you, starting monday. No call and never show up...that has happened 5 yes FIVE times in the past 2 mos.
DWTC 10:45 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by swaddlebees:
I had one no show last week. My problem is, they come for the interview, great I love you, starting monday. No call and never show up...that has happened 5 yes FIVE times in the past 2 mos.
A good solution with this would be to get first week's payment at the time they sign the contract...that way if they are really serious they will pay you and show, otherwise if they aren't serious they won't sign the contract and you will know right away they aren't going to show up.
Francine 10:46 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by swaddlebees:
I've had that happen too! Why are people so rude, for goodness sakes pick up the phone. I don't care if you want to go someplace else but let me know so that I don't plan on you.
nannyde 11:26 AM 08-05-2010
I do all interviews at 4:30 p.m.

They have to call to confirm the appointment by noon of the day of the appointment. If they don't call they don't get an interview.

I know by noon of the day they are coming that they are coming. No call... no interview.

This is my first "assignment" where they HAVE to do something to follow the rules. If they can't manage that they will not be good for me.
Francine 01:49 PM 08-05-2010
So she was suppose to be here before 11:30 when she had to be to work, she got here at 3:50. Full of apologies etc. blah blah....fortunately for her the baby seems like a VERY good baby and the schedule is good so I am going to take him. I did collect my deposit too...just in case!
professionalmom 02:34 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:

They have to call to confirm the appointment by noon of the day of the appointment. If they don't call they don't get an interview.

I know by noon of the day they are coming that they are coming. No call... no interview.

This is my first "assignment" where they HAVE to do something to follow the rules. If they can't manage that they will not be good for me.
Oooooo ... I like this train of thought: Can they (the parents) follow simple rules and instructions? That would be VERY helpful to weed out many of the types of problem parents I had in the past.
MarinaVanessa 03:00 PM 08-05-2010
I get calls for appointments sometimes and they don't show up either. I don't bother calling them when this happens because I figure they're flakes already. Just think of it as a great way to weed out the bad seeds.
nannyde 03:04 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
Oooooo ... I like this train of thought: Can they (the parents) follow simple rules and instructions? That would be VERY helpful to weed out many of the types of problem parents I had in the past.
Works like a charm.
nannyde 03:09 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
So she was suppose to be here before 11:30 when she had to be to work, she got here at 3:50. Full of apologies etc. blah blah....fortunately for her the baby seems like a VERY good baby and the schedule is good so I am going to take him. I did collect my deposit too...just in case!
I wouldn't want to start the relationship with them disrespecting my time. The very first indicator that they believe you are worthy of their good behavior is the promptness of the first interview.
misol 04:57 PM 08-05-2010

I like this idea too. I think I am going to try this and see how it works out for me.
Francine 03:56 AM 08-06-2010
I wouldn't want to start the relationship with them disrespecting my time. The very first indicator that they believe you are worthy of their good behavior is the promptness of the first interview.
I know and I did think of that. I am doing this on a trial basis and if there is any issue I will term., She came highly recommended and her 7 month old was awesome at the interview and from talking to her sounds like a dream, we will see. I did get a signed contract and a 50.00 deposit so if she doesn't show on the 16th when he is scheduled to start at least I have the 50.00 in my pocket, my contract clearly states NON-REFUNDABLE so she won't be getting it back.
professionalmom 06:28 AM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
I know and I did think of that. I am doing this on a trial basis and if there is any issue I will term., She came highly recommended and her 7 month old was awesome at the interview and from talking to her sounds like a dream, we will see. I did get a signed contract and a 50.00 deposit so if she doesn't show on the 16th when he is scheduled to start at least I have the 50.00 in my pocket, my contract clearly states NON-REFUNDABLE so she won't be getting it back.
Don't be surprised if she asks though. I have had that happen to me. I told the mom, "no. That's the point of a deposit and the contract that you signed clearly states that."
Tags:interview
Reply Up