Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Blowout Diapers
lovemykidstoo 10:38 AM 11-26-2014
My little 6 month old just totally blew out his diaper. I mean everywhere! ahhhhh. Which brought up the question, where do you rinse out the clothing? No way am I putting those poop clothes in my washer. I just rinsed them out in my laundry sink, but I hate to even do that. ICK!
Leigh 10:41 AM 11-26-2014
I don't rinse them out. I put them in a bag and store it in my garage until pickup time and send it home for the parent to deal with.
melilley 10:43 AM 11-26-2014
I don't rinse them out either. I put them in a bag and tie it and then put them in another bag and send them home.
KDC 10:43 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
My little 6 month old just totally blew out his diaper. I mean everywhere! ahhhhh. Which brought up the question, where do you rinse out the clothing? No way am I putting those poop clothes in my washer. I just rinsed them out in my laundry sink, but I hate to even do that. ICK!
In the bag it goes, the whole messy business... It's very unsanitary and as much as I'd hate for them to have stains on their clothing, I leave it for the parents. I quote 'state licensing' rules and leave it at that. It's one of the most dissatisfying job duties (ha ha, said doodie). I've been hanging around kids too much
Unregistered 10:44 AM 11-26-2014
Check with licensing because here we are not allowed to rinse bag it and send it home only!
Heidi 11:06 AM 11-26-2014
Same here, no rinsing allowed, thankfully.

Several of my parents have been known to throw out the worst of it, like the onsie. I usually bag the really gross stuff separately.
SignMeUp 11:20 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Same here, no rinsing allowed, thankfully.

Several of my parents have been known to throw out the worst of it, like the onsie. I usually bag the really gross stuff separately.
I was so surprised one day when the parent of one of my two-year-olds threw away her underwear after she pooped in it!! I never thought of it as disposable And I may just do the same next time
lovemykidstoo 11:39 AM 11-26-2014
Well you guys changed my procedure for me. I will no longer be rinsing!!! When my kids were young and had blowouts or accidents, I would throw away too. Wasn't worth it to me.
daycare 11:58 AM 11-26-2014
unless you have a sanitation station no rising. bag it and make sure that it goes home with the parent.
Tags:blowout diapers
Reply Up