Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Crappy" Diapers! Advice please!
WBee 05:16 PM 09-23-2015
I have an 11 month old who wears CVS brand diapers and they leak both urine & BM's approximately 1x per week. (I change him every 2 1/2 hrs.) I send the soiled clothing home but still have to clean my (often) wet shirt from picking DCB up, Jumperoo, rugs,high chair cover,etc. I asked DCM to purchase a larger sized diaper (currently size 3) and/or try a different brand approx. a month ago now. Last week, DCB had a dry cough and on the way to my home he "coughed himself into a poop." DCM was on her way out the door when I said,"He's covered in poop!" Yes, hands, legs, bottom, clothes and car seat. I washed her car seat (blanket & clothing) because it stunk up my house and I was being nice. Yesterday, again, urine leaked out the diaper while in the Jumperoo and trailed across my floor within DCB being here less than 2 hrs. Other DCK's walked through it as well as myself. I sent a note ,again, asking for different diapers. What would you do if DCM arrives without new diapers? I'm at my wits end!
ColorfulSunburst 05:22 PM 09-23-2015
I see two ways:
1. terminate
2. change his diaper an every hour or even more often.
ChelseaB 05:24 PM 09-23-2015
Remind once more...but perhaps add this time that you REQUIRE different diapers as this causes sanitary issues. If she fails to bring them, refuse the child until she comes back with new diapers. I had a DCG once who had outgrown a size, and every pee, she was leaking through. She did used to drink A LOT, so it all had to come out, I guess. But luckily DCM listened the first time I told her and purchased a size bigger as I had suggested.

Oh, and I believe that some providers will only allow certain diapers just for this reason
WBee 05:40 PM 09-23-2015
Thank you! I did write, "DCB needs to have size 4 or different brand diapers" on the note. The last time I actually told her verbally to purchase different ones and at the next drop off she actually told me, "I haven't even honestly gotten any." So that's her excuse and the end of it now? I just don't understand how we're not taken seriously sometimes. Sorry, just venting I suppose. Next time, the car seat stays outside until pickup. She can figure out how to get him home.
Thriftylady 05:57 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by WBee:
Thank you! I did write, "DCB needs to have size 4 or different brand diapers" on the note. The last time I actually told her verbally to purchase different ones and at the next drop off she actually told me, "I haven't even honestly gotten any." So that's her excuse and the end of it now? I just don't understand how we're not taken seriously sometimes. Sorry, just venting I suppose. Next time, the car seat stays outside until pickup. She can figure out how to get him home.
I am guessing this is a case of they are using better ones at home and sending the crappy ones to you.
WBee 06:03 PM 09-23-2015
No. He always arrives in the same diapers and those are always in his daily travel bag. She gets a discount at CVS so I believe most things are purchased there.
daycare 06:24 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by WBee:
No. He always arrives in the same diapers and those are always in his daily travel bag. She gets a discount at CVS so I believe most things are purchased there.
DCM
I understand how expensive diapers may be, however, In order to keep a safe environment for all, I will need to have you replace your sons diapers that he is currently using. As previously discussed, these diapers are not containing his urine or bowl moments.

In my years of experience, I have found that the best diaper to use for children in this age group are ________________.

Please be sure to bring the new (brand) diapers by xyz date.

I want to thank you for helping to keep our daycare environment healthy and safe for all children to play.
nannyde 07:31 PM 09-23-2015
I have an acceptable list of brands. Huggies luvs pampers and target brand.

If you don't want to do that... double diaper him. Put first one.on and tear a hole in the business area. Put the second one.over that.

Use them up quickly so she realizes they aren't cheaper.
mommyneedsadayoff 06:13 AM 09-24-2015
You are being way too nice! Refuse care at the door if she doesn't bring the ones you need. If she gets a discount at CVS, she can use it for the other brands too. I prefer Luvs, but pick which ones you want her to bring and the size and write it on a note, tell her at pick up, and text her as well. Be specific and tell her if she does not bring them, dcb will not be able to stay. You could always put a price tag on it too. Charge a $20 per day fee for the extra work you have to do with the crappy diapers. An extra $100 a week may help her to realize she is not saving any money. I can't believe she dropped her baby covered in poop and left it up to you to clean it...so rude!
BabyMonkeys 06:55 AM 09-24-2015
I like NannyD's advice. Give her the option of bringing a few different options of your preferred diapers, or you will provide the diapers for an additional charge weekly. I would turn her away at the door if she doesn't have either the diapers, or the money for the weekly diapers.
spud912 10:21 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
I like NannyD's advice. Give her the option of bringing a few different options of your preferred diapers, or you will provide the diapers for an additional charge weekly. I would turn her away at the door if she doesn't have either the diapers, or the money for the weekly diapers.

daycarediva 10:28 AM 09-24-2015
"dcm, I need X size and brand diapers no later than X or I will purchase them and add X to your weekly tuition payment. Let me know which option you prefer."
Controlled Chaos 10:32 AM 09-24-2015
Sometimes diapers just don't fit and absorb how they should.

But I also wanted throw in that we have to change diapers every 2 hours. I have one little 10m old I change closer to once an hour. He is in pampers but just goes a lot! If I only did once every 2-2.5 hours he would need his clothes changed multiple times a day.
Reply Up