Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Online Food Handler's Course?
DaveA 03:38 AM 09-05-2018
Anybody ever done an online food handler's course? What was it like/ how long did it take?

I just found out I need one for my license. Apparently it's been a rule for a while. No one told me about it. Oops
LysesKids 04:04 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Anybody ever done an online food handler's course? What was it like/ how long did it take?

I just found out I need one for my license. Apparently it's been a rule for a while. No one told me about it. Oops
Got one IN in 2004, and in MO 2008 - both had to be done in person/onsite... never knew IL had to do it also as I was only a registered home with 3 babes. I did web search and found numerous places offer ANSI approved less than an hr and less than $15 (IL state law for non restaurant)
Vesta 05:02 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:

I did one 3 years ago and will do the same one again for re-licensing. They are super easy and basically no brainiers except for having to remember temperatures, but those are easily accessible and you should have a cheat sheet somewhere in your kitchen anyway. If you are a fast reader they should only take an hour and a bit. I was able to knock it out during a nap time. I think, now I'm doubting myself, but it's not something I'm dreading so I don't think it was too bad.
The one I took only cost $7.
I think their is a list of acceptable courses on DCFS website.
sahm1225 07:55 AM 09-05-2018
https://illinois.foodhandlerclasses.com

This is the one I did. It was all online. It takes a little bit to do, maybe an hour to two? It’s a lot of temperatures to remember, so I took notes!

Where have you been Dave, this was a requirement a few years ago according to guidelines. BUT you know how they love adding those new guides and backdating the dates. I think it was enforced last summer or somewhere around there. But my family has a restaurant so I had mine already

(I’m teasing you, not lecturing you, In case it comes across as being mean
DaveA 08:30 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
https://illinois.foodhandlerclasses.com

This is the one I did. It was all online. It takes a little bit to do, maybe an hour to two? It’s a lot of temperatures to remember, so I took notes!

Where have you been Dave, this was a requirement a few years ago according to guidelines. BUT you know how they love adding those new guides and backdating the dates. I think it was enforced last summer or somewhere around there. But my family has a restaurant so I had mine already

(I’m teasing you, not lecturing you, In case it comes across as being mean
Didn't take it mean.

I'm on my 4th rep in 2 years. 2 of them I had no communication with other than "I'm your new rep" and "I will no longer be your rep" For most of the time I had a supervisor to contact if I needed anything. Responses were spotty to say the least. Must have slipped through the cracks.

Thanks for the link.
flying_babyb 06:11 PM 09-05-2018
i took mine online too! The $7 course. It was pretty much common sense. I barley payed attention and passed with 2 wrong.
Annalee 10:45 AM 09-06-2018
Providers on the FP I am on just had to complete a 3hr credit course online through the FP site. It had to be completed by end Sept. We have been told these will come up periodically form now on??
ZB4 11:22 AM 09-06-2018
I found lots of great information on this site! https://professionalstandards.fns.usda.gov
Tags:food handlers
Reply Up