Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting Weekly Schedule Letter - Need Advice On Letter
momofboys 04:31 PM 10-14-2012
I have previously asked for advice in regard to getting my weekly schedule from one of my families & you have all been so helpful. At the time I decided to just let it go & not make a big deal about it but after a few more weeks of not getting my schedule until I text and ask for it (on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon!) & they are always quick to send it back meaning they knew the schedule but have not taken the time to give it to me. I am trying to compose an e-mail to them & be as non-confrontational as possible so I could use your advice on the wording. Please let me know how this sounds & FYI I don't have anything in place for when I need to receive the schedule; however, when this family began (4-5 months ago) I told them I needed to get the schedule Friday evening at the latest & dcp thought this would not be a problem although in reality I think I have gotten the schedule Fri evening 1-2x in the past several months.

Dear DCF:

I am thoroughly enjoying watching Billy every week & enjoy him being in our group. Starting this week I will require that all schedules be received by Saturday at noon. If for some reason Jane has not received her weekly schedule at this time I will need you to text/call me to let me know that it has not been received. Knowing when children will be in my care is necessary as it allows me to plan for meals/outings & also to plan time for my own family's appointments that are done outside of childcare hours. A new family will also be starting childcare with me in the near future & to properly balance care on those days knowing who will be here is of great importance.

If you have not contacted me by noon on Saturday I will assume Billy will not be coming to childcare for the week & will not have availability to care for him. I thank you so much for your cooperation in this matter & look forward to a continued relationship with your family. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail.

Thank you!
Me

** how does it sound? What would you change? Is it too formal/too harsh??? I want there to be consequences for them not contacting me (which is why I said there would not be availability if I don't receive a call by noon) but want to allow some flexibility bc/c they have led me to believe the schedule is not always available (retail worker) on Fridays.
Blackcat31 06:39 PM 10-14-2012
Personally I would state that you want schedules by a certain time/date. PERIOD. If they don't give you one, then you have to have a consequence. How about something like this:

Dear DCF,

As of October 15, 2012 ALL schedules need to be submitted to me NO LATER than Saturday by noon. It is imperative that the number of children needing care for the week be accounted for in order to plan meals, activities and outings as well as maintain ratio capacities.

Failure to turn in your child's schedule may result in loss of space (services) as well as being charged the drop-in rate for days needed.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I look forward to a continued relationship with your family.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail.

Provider

I think your letter sounds "a little too nice" like you are asking them to follow your rules rather than requiring them to...kwim?

Your letter doesn't sound bad at all, just as a parent I wouldn't necessarily take it as urgent or important.

I am not trying to be harsh so I apologize if it sounds that way. Just giving my honest opinion.
momofboys 06:10 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Personally I would state that you want schedules by a certain time/date. PERIOD. If they don't give you one, then you have to have a consequence. How about something like this:

Dear DCF,

As of October 15, 2012 ALL schedules need to be submitted to me NO LATER than Saturday by noon. It is imperative that the number of children needing care for the week be accounted for in order to plan meals, activities and outings as well as maintain ratio capacities.

Failure to turn in your child's schedule may result in loss of space (services) as well as being charged the drop-in rate for days needed.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I look forward to a continued relationship with your family.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail.

Provider

I think your letter sounds "a little too nice" like you are asking them to follow your rules rather than requiring them to...kwim?

Your letter doesn't sound bad at all, just as a parent I wouldn't necessarily take it as urgent or important.

I am not trying to be harsh so I apologize if it sounds that way. Just giving my honest opinion.
THANK YOU! I appreciate the advice - I actually thought I was being too harsh but it is good to have another provider's advice & I thank you for it - I think I will revise my letter & try to take out the niceties
Reply Up