Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sibling preference?
ATK 06:09 AM 05-14-2015
How do you guys work this? I had 3 kiddos when I started here this school
Year.. I only work school years and I loved this smaller group lol. All three were 9 months when they started.

Since then one kid had twin siblings which I am taking in the fall. They will put me at my max of 5 kids in the Fall (September). My three starter kids will be 2 and then the 5 month old twins. Another one of my moms is due in December and needing sibling care in February. Her one that is already here would attend her whole maternity leave. I would only have space For the sibling though If one kid leaves S the sibling would put me over by one kid.

Do you guys give preference to siblings in your families? What are your thoughts on what I should do? I will clearly have to let someone go but not sure what is buinsess ethical.
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by ATK:
How do you guys work this? I had 3 kiddos when I started here this school
Year.. I only work school years and I loved this smaller group lol. All three were 9 months when they started.

Since then one kid had twin siblings which I am taking in the fall. They will put me at my max of 5 kids in the Fall (September). My three starter kids will be 2 and then the 5 month old twins. Another one of my moms is due in December and needing sibling care in February. Her one that is already here would attend her whole maternity leave. I would only have space For the sibling though If one kid leaves S the sibling would put me over by one kid.

Do you guys give preference to siblings in your families? What are your thoughts on what I should do? I will clearly have to let someone go but not sure what is buinsess ethical.
I only enroll infants of siblings so they always have priority over any new family looking for an infant space.

However, since you don't have the room for the new sibling to attend, I would just tell that parent that until someone ages out of your program you simply don't have space. She'll have to figure out a temporary solution until you do have the space available for her.

Sometimes you simply can't accommodate everyone and although I give priority to siblings that doesn't mean I will automatically term a singleton to make room for them.

Does your area offer you the option to have a variance? Or if you hire an assistant, can you have more kids?

If not, you are bound by licensing ratio limits and can't help it. Pregnant mom will have to figure it out until space is available. If she really loves your program and wants to stay with you, she'll figure it out.
Reply Up