Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>please read
Unregistered 12:07 PM 08-23-2015
Logged out for now. Last night I had two new kids for an overnight kinda of shift. Well, long story short, mom came in the morning and walked in said nothing. Took kids, left very fast, what? I text her immediately, nothing (thinking cause she owned me and maybe I didn't have it payed some at drop off, owed some at pick up, only a little owed). Less than 5 minutes after I text her, 5 cops at my door. Oh my god, they asked to come in. I said they could. Parent claimed kids were alone with no adult in the house. Really, I let her in the door( always locked). So cops just said ok on my side, since they came immediately and there were two cars which are ours and two adults in the house. This is crazy. Then I get a call saying she decided not to press charges, and I was like, press charges for what? They also said that she keeps calling, saying she is receiving threatening calls from my house. I was just told not to contact her anymore, which I am NOT going to. Anyway, they also said she setup/might still go through with restraining order? I don't even know her. This parent is new and I don't even know where she lives. She did call my mother's phone with a nasty mouth and threat but I don't understand. This is crazy. I never dealt with this in all my years
Blackcat31 12:52 PM 08-23-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Logged out for now last night I had two new kids for overnight kinda of shift well long story short mom came in the morning and walked in said nothing took kids left very fast, what ? I text her immediately nothing (thinking cause she owned me and maby didnt have it payed some at drop off owed some at pick up only a little owed) less than 5 minutes after I text her 5 cops at my door oh my god, they asked to come in I said they can parent claimed kids were alone no adult in the house really I let her in the( door always locked).so cops just said ok on my side since they came immediately and there is two cars witch are ours and two adults in the house.this crazy then I get a call saying she decided not to press charges and I was like press charges for what and also they said that she keeps calling saying she is receiving threatening calls from my house and I was just told not to contact her anymore which I am NOT going to anyway, they also said so set up/ might still go through with restraing order ? I dont even no her this parent is new and dont even now where she lives.. she did call my mothers phone with nasty mouth and threat but I dont understand this crazy never dealt with this in all my years
Wow... Sounds like a crazy parent!
Good thing the police can verify you were home.
Thriftylady 01:59 PM 08-23-2015
Hang on you don't know where she lives? Didn't you have her fill out any enrollment paperwork? Did you speak to her when she picked up the kids? If you didn't have her fill out any paperwork prior to keeping the kids, you may have an issue.
spedmommy4 02:32 PM 08-23-2015
Document everything! All the calls, interactions, times, everything . . . If money was owed, I would let it go in that situation. No amount of money is worth dealing with that type of crazy.

As an extra measure, in your shoes, I would probably block all correspondence.
Josiegirl 03:01 PM 08-23-2015
I'm totally confused but it almost sounds like she's looking for a scapegoat for something going on in her life. Or looking for a way to not have to pay you, since she didn't pay yet?? Was this the first time you've had her kids? There are a lot of unanswered questions to this whole scenario. How is it she has your mother's phone #, yet you don't have an address for her? You didn't require payment beforehand? Where did she get your name for daycare? You had never heard of her before she walked in your door, any paperwork from her, immunization forms, anything??
The whole thing sounds weird.
ColorfulSunburst 03:05 PM 08-23-2015
You have to take a full payment in advance. Always.
You Have to have an attendance sheet. Always.
Parents must sign in and sign out. Always.
You have to have contract. Always.
You have to have visitors form. Always.

If you have all of this documents people have no way to use you.
LovetheSun 09:15 PM 08-23-2015
That sound so awful!

Do not panic specially about the restraining order, someone did this to close ones of mine. Out of no where (they worked in the same place) and once they were in front of the judge, the judge was very upset for falsely accusing innocent people of wrong doings and canceled the whole case immediately,

But if I were you, I would just let it go. Is unfair, is horrible but if she is crazy enough to do this imagine what is going to happen once you fight back?
She might spread out wrong rumor about you and even call licensing for false accusations.

I think the best thing to do is let it go. Is tough but safer. I would print out your phone call log, write of report of the night (including the pickup time/what happened after) as detailed as possible in case you need it one day, hopefully not.
Sugar Magnolia 10:07 AM 08-24-2015
Where were the children sleeping?
What did you say when you opened the door for her to come in? No reply at all, just silence as she gathered her kids? Why did you text her?
Not trying to pry, just need extra info.
Unregistered 03:16 PM 08-25-2015
Hi yes she was totally silent , grabbed two kids and there bag and left. I always answer the door with hi come on in like I normally do. Since she said nothing I just text asking if everything is ok, it was really weird parents usally like to chat or will at least say hi and ask about the kids. As far as not knowing her adress she was moving the day they start but I still got her old adress the next day there second night here they came really late so she was to bring adress next day witch was same day this happened so I did have her adress she just moved from . She did pay at drop off but owed a little more in morning due to them stay later she new I need them to stay later so will bring extra in morning.
Thriftylady 03:20 PM 08-25-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi yes she was totally silent , grabbed two kids and there bag and left. I always answer the door with hi come on in like I normally do. Since she said nothing I just text asking if everything is ok, it was really weird parents usally like to chat or will at least say hi and ask about the kids. As far as not knowing her adress she was moving the day they start but I still got her old adress the next day there second night here they came really late so she was to bring adress next day witch was same day this happened so I did have her adress she just moved from . She did pay at drop off but owed a little more in morning due to them stay later she new I need them to stay later so will bring extra in morning.
After calling the police on me, her kids would not be in my house again EVER.
Unregistered 03:20 PM 08-25-2015
She had ad on craigslist, yes i know how bad craigslist can be but never has any been this crazy.yes I have all forms shot records, emergcy contact, etc.. I always get forms at interview
Tags:crazy parent, false allegations, police
Reply Up