Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Jealous
gumdrops 07:26 AM 02-06-2019
DCM works 3 long days/week and some weekends. She pays for a full time spot and DCG usually comes 4-5 days/week. I realized last week that they have a cleaning lady. My "cleaning lady" is a Roomba and a dishwasher I always thought she used the time off to get her cleaning done, run errands, get groceries, etc. Just figured out she also does grocery delivery.

What does she do all day while her kid is here??? She is an over-the-top "perfect" mom when it comes to birthday parties, classroom treats for her older kids, mommy day out, etc. Which irritates the H$!! out of me because that's blasted all over social media.

It really doesn't bother me that she sends her child when she's at home because she pays me for full time and doesn't always use all 5 days. I actually think I'm jealous that she can afford to pay for full time care, pay a cleaning lady and pay for grocery delivery. Where did I go wrong with my life
Snowmom 07:37 AM 02-06-2019
I do grocery delivery.

I use Coborn's Delivers. They have different kinds of delivery passes available and they went on sale this past September. I bought a year of delivery services for $50. Basically, I can order online whenever I want, how often I want- as long as my order totals $50 or more, I have free delivery for the next day. Plus, I write off the pass on my taxes since it's related to daycare.
It's awesome.
They don't want you to tip drivers either. Lots of good weekly specials and they take coupons. Win win.
Ariana 08:33 AM 02-06-2019
I guess she spends all of her time doing things that don’t matter, like pretending she is a perfect mom for her social media audience instead of actually being a good mom by hanging out with her kid.

You have absolutely nothing to be jealous of. These kinds of people are not good people
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
DCM works 3 long days/week and some weekends. She pays for a full time spot and DCG usually comes 4-5 days/week. I realized last week that they have a cleaning lady. My "cleaning lady" is a Roomba and a dishwasher I always thought she used the time off to get her cleaning done, run errands, get groceries, etc. Just figured out she also does grocery delivery.

What does she do all day while her kid is here??? She is an over-the-top "perfect" mom when it comes to birthday parties, classroom treats for her older kids, mommy day out, etc. Which irritates the H$!! out of me because that's blasted all over social media.

It really doesn't bother me that she sends her child when she's at home because she pays me for full time and doesn't always use all 5 days. I actually think I'm jealous that she can afford to pay for full time care, pay a cleaning lady and pay for grocery delivery. Where did I go wrong with my life
I had a similar option when my own kiddos were younger but I chose a way of earning income that included quality time with my kids verses a fat wallet. You can always earn more money but you can never earn more time.

I "get" your point though and understand but just smile big every time this DCM drops her kiddo off at daycare.

Remember she is throwing away alot of precious time with her child that she'll never get back and I would much rather my children have memories of time with me instead of 3 million "" on a perfect social media page.

I feel sorry for parents like that.

I am jealous of the "ideal" life she tries to portray on FB but we (providers) all now that is nothing more than a mirage.

She is telling others she is a "good" mother while you are showing others that you are.
Mike 10:32 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I chose a way of earning income that included quality time with my kids verses a fat wallet. You can always earn more money but you can never earn more time.

So true. I guess to some people, time with their kiddos isn't what they want in life, or they are satisfied with what they do spend with them. I knew a few people like that.
Pestle 12:49 PM 02-06-2019
I'm using grocery delivery and paying someone to clean and I still can't keep up. Some of us are just really really bad at keeping it together and, if this mom is working evenings and weekends, I feel bad for her because she has fewer opportunities for bedtime interactions with her kid and social and spiritual experiences in her community. But then I feel bad for myself because I would like more money. Oodles of money. I'd like to be the idle rich, actually. Exactly this idle, actually.
Leigh 05:33 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by gumdrops:

I save a LOT of money by using grocery delivery. I no longer add things to my cart that aren't on my list (I'm very guilty of this in the produce aisle-I see bell peppers, think I will make fajitas sometime soon, spend $18 on peppers and then forget that I bought them. I buy too much lettuce all the time, etc.). My store delivers for free, and my grocery bill went from $350-$400/week to around $200/week because I now plan meals so that I can make a grocery list to order for the week.
ColorfulSunburst 05:36 PM 02-06-2019
in fact, both of these services are not expensive but save to you a lot of time.
We just start using food delivery from Fairway. It is such a great saving of our time (and money too)))
ColorfulSunburst 05:38 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I save a LOT of money by using grocery delivery. I no longer add things to my cart that aren't on my list (I'm very guilty of this in the produce aisle-I see bell peppers, think I will make fajitas sometime soon, spend $18 on peppers and then forget that I bought them. I buy too much lettuce all the time, etc.). My store delivers for free, and my grocery bill went from $350-$400/week to around $200/week because I now plan meals so that I can make a grocery list to order for the week.
exactly!
gumdrops 04:22 AM 02-07-2019
Looks like I need to look into grocery delivery!

It still doesn't make sense why she can't keep her kid home some when she's off!
boy_mom 06:04 AM 02-07-2019
I had a mom like that, her son was with me for 3.5 years. She worked very, very part time for her dads company, but he was the first one dropped off and the last one picked up, Monday through Friday. Every year both parents would take a week off together and they never even picked him up early from care!

I understand how you feel. As much as I would tell myself not to think about it, shes paying for a spot so it doesn't matter what she does with her time it's hard not to get annoyed/jealous/sad for the kid at times.

I like a PP said - this time will fly by. As much as I would love days all to myself, I am so glad I had that time with my kids when they were young! It's something I wouldn't trade for the world, especially now that they are both getting older!
amberrose3dg 06:27 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
I had a mom like that, her son was with me for 3.5 years. She worked very, very part time for her dads company, but he was the first one dropped off and the last one picked up, Monday through Friday. Every year both parents would take a week off together and they never even picked him up early from care!

I understand how you feel. As much as I would tell myself not to think about it, shes paying for a spot so it doesn't matter what she does with her time it's hard not to get annoyed/jealous/sad for the kid at times.

I like a PP said - this time will fly by. As much as I would love days all to myself, I am so glad I had that time with my kids when they were young! It's something I wouldn't trade for the world, especially now that they are both getting older!
It is the parent that is missing out on that time. When I have a day off or my son is out of school I make the most of that time. Sadly there are parents that
for whatever reason don't view that time as special or important. I had a kid that was here full-time and parents had usually 2 days off during the week. They worked weekends. Sadly the boy was with me or a relative and spent very little time with parents. My husband said "what do they want to get to know him when he grows up." I would not be jealous of this type of parent and actually feel sorry for them.
Ms.Kay 06:52 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
It is the parent that is missing out on that time. When I have a day off or my son is out of school I make the most of that time. Sadly there are parents that
for whatever reason don't view that time as special or important. I had a kid that was here full-time and parents had usually 2 days off during the week. They worked weekends. Sadly the boy was with me or a relative and spent very little time with parents. My husband said "what do they want to get to know him when he grows up." I would not be jealous of this type of parent and actually feel sorry for them.
Sadly...these are the majority of the parents I have had over the last 5-8 yrs.I have a mom that drops kid off after preschool...for 90 min. I watch her drive back home....so sad she doesn't take that opportunity..even once a week...to spend girl time together!!!
Baby Beluga 06:59 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
She is telling others she is a "good" mother while you are showing others that you are.

One of the greatest lessons in life I have learned:

Those who shout from the mountain tops who they are, what they do and what they have...usually don't do or have any of what they are claiming to.
amberrose3dg 07:18 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:

One of the greatest lessons in life I have learned:

Those who shout from the mountain tops who they are, what they do and what they have...usually don't do or have any of what they are claiming to.
This
KayB 10:47 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I'm using grocery delivery and paying someone to clean and I still can't keep up. Some of us are just really really bad at keeping it together and, if this mom is working evenings and weekends, I feel bad for her because she has fewer opportunities for bedtime interactions with her kid and social and spiritual experiences in her community. But then I feel bad for myself because I would like more money. Oodles of money. I'd like to be the idle rich, actually. Exactly this idle, actually.

Tags:jealous
Reply Up