Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Safe Bulletin Board Posting Materials
thatdivalady 10:41 AM 09-27-2012
I am looking for things I can use to post things on bulletin boards used for informational purposes. I don't like the idea of using thumbtacks because they can fall down... If I have to change the materials I don't want to use staples. So what are some other options? Thanks in advance!
Cat Herder 11:06 AM 09-27-2012
Screw in eyelet hooks on each side of board, several rows if you have room. Tie strings across board to each eyelet hook. (thing drying laundry)

Use laundry clips to hang art work/decor in plastic sheet protectors on those strings. They also double nicely as dry erase boards.
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 09-27-2012
Rather than a traditional bulletin board, why not use a magnet board?

Use large magnets to secure the notices and info that needs to be posted.

FWIW~ I do what Cat herder suggested and use string with little wooden clothes pins to hang things.

Works great....except I am pretty sure a couple of my DCM's have "stolen" a few of my tiny little clothes pins after commenting on how cute they were
clep 02:02 PM 09-27-2012
I use mavalus tape. I can use it on walls and it wont peel the paint. It is super sticky. I can't survive without it. I usually get it at Scholars Choice. or Kidsource.
thatdivalady 02:18 PM 09-27-2012
Thanks guys, that is very helpful!
daycare 02:20 PM 09-27-2012
this is what I have and I have one in my back daycare room too but I dont have a pic of that one
Attached: fall art.jpg (89.0 KB) 
daycare 02:23 PM 09-27-2012
its basically as catherder described....

I got two tacks and used thick fishing line. They are up high so the kids cant get them.

the one that is down low, I have two eyelet hooks screwed into the wall, kids could not remove if they tried and then the fishing line.

However, if you have littles that destroy stuff, I would go with using contact paper over the pics and hanging that way
Crazy8 07:22 PM 09-27-2012
for artwork I use a wire curtain rod with metal clips but have a cork board by my front door for daily sheets, notes, etc. and I didn't want to use push pins either. I found these command hooks that I stuck to the board - you just slide the paper in them. Here they are on amazon although mine are clear, these are white....
http://www.amazon.com/Command-Pictur...nd+photo+clips
MrsSteinel'sHouse 06:12 PM 09-28-2012
I use staples on my bulletin board, I use the multi tool or needle nose pliers to remove. Works great.
Reply Up