Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Salt Dough Ornaments and Attaching a Picture On Them
melilley 12:09 PM 12-17-2013
I made salt dough ornaments of the kids' handprints and want to put a pic of their face in the middle of the hand.

What can I use to attach the picture to the salt dough? I only have one pic each of the kids (I took them in a santa hat) and probably only one chance to attach the pic and I don't want to mess it up!
littlemissmuffet 12:15 PM 12-17-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I made salt dough ornaments of the kids' handprints and want to put a pic of their face in the middle of the hand.

What can I use to attach the picture to the salt dough? I only have one pic each of the kids (I took them in a santa hat) and probably only one chance to attach the pic and I don't want to mess it up!
Personally I'd use decoupage glue - building up thin layers... it will never come off and it will add a nice sheen to the ornament.
melilley 01:44 PM 12-17-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Personally I'd use decoupage glue - building up thin layers... it will never come off and it will add a nice sheen to the ornament.
Thank you! I'll have to find some of that stuff.
littlemissmuffet 05:07 PM 12-17-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Thank you! I'll have to find some of that stuff.
I decoupage LOTS. I recommend doing really thin, careful layers of glue over the photo when building it up so as not to smudge the ink of the photo! Good luck!
Tags:ornaments
Reply Up