Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default And in today's news...

A stabbing at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change in the Target shopping center which about 3 minutes drive from my house. I shop and eat in that shopping center often. (I happened to be at the Verizon Wireless store in that shopping center earlier before this happened.) This location is at the next light from the gas station that had the shooting recently.

Middle River |STABBING| 1300 Blk Martin Blvd. Reported stabbing at location, crime scene established. Unknown victim info.
UPDATE. Reported 2 victims, 1 possibly walked into the nearby Target (reported by followers, thanks!). Scene appears to be at the nearby apartments.
UPDATE. Valvoline Instant Oil Change is the location it occurred. Police say 3 men were assaulted by 3 other men. 1 suspect was stabbed & 1 victim was stabbed multiple times. 2 of 3 suspects in custody.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

eh, there is crime everywhere. Even in the best of neighborhoods. You have made your choice to stay so don't dwell or focus on the negative. Otherwise you should have made a different choice. It was really all up to you. We all have to live with the choices we make however tough they may be. Time to just move on from the negativity
Old 05-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca View Post
eh, there is crime everywhere. Even in the best of neighborhoods. You have made your choice to stay so don't dwell or focus on the negative. Otherwise you should have made a different choice. It was really all up to you. We all have to live with the choices we make however tough they may be. Time to just move on from the negativity
Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

And 10 shootings today (Sunday) in Baltimore City.

I know. I am focusing on the positive. I am working on being able to move to a better area after my daughter graduates high school. I'm going to tell you guys about that in another thread. But I'm just... I don't know the word I'm looking for here, I just can't get over how often; pretty much each week, someone in my area is brutally attacked and/or killed. And how it's become so common that people like my daughter aren't affected by it and have come to feel that people attacking others and killing others in their neighborhood/town on a weekly basis is normal. I just don't think it's supposed to be 'normal'.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

It's sad and scary how people become so desensitized about violence, crime, murder, etc. Has it become such a common thing that so many don't care?
I'm really glad to live in the 'boonies'. We have our share, no doubt, but still.....
Old 05-25-2015, 05:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Yes it is very sad, and yes it's everywhere! There's pros and cons to every location - city, suburbs, country. I live in the country and don't deal with a lot of violence. But we do have a lot drugs. It's getting to the point where last week, our local state troopers started carrying the nasal form of the drug Narcan (it reverses the effects of opiate drugs - heroin overdoses specifically around our area). So even if you move, I'm pretty sure it will be another problem you will be well aware of.