Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nose Picking and Hand Sucking/Licking
sahm2three 09:05 AM 12-04-2012
How do you break kids of this? We all just keep passing the same crud around, even with the steralizing of toys and door knobs, handles, anything hands touch. It HAS to be made 3000x worse by the constant nose picking and licking of things. And I am talking older kids, older 2's and 3's. I remind them all the time to get things out of their mouths, fingers out of noses, stop licking things, blah blah. I know it's just the time of year, but I would like my toy steralizing efforts to last longer than a day or two! What else can I do?
Mom&Provider 09:27 AM 12-04-2012
Maybe offer a sticker (reward) to the ones who keep their hands off their face for the day?? I think it's the time of year...and 2/3's still have trouble with this here too!
Unregistered 10:15 AM 12-04-2012
ask the parents if they do it at home. if they do have the parents help in breaking that habit, explain to them it is clearly not sanitary or healthy for their kids. I mean the kids must do it all the tme, your home, at the home, the store etc.
Willow 11:19 AM 12-04-2012
If they're old enough to pick their nose, they're old enough to wash their hands every single time I catch it. Same applies for licking fingers once they're out of the infant stage.

I will usually offer a squirt of baby lotion afterward because the residual taste is nasty and discourages them from doing it again.
Meeko 12:57 PM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
If they're old enough to pick their nose, they're old enough to wash their hands every single time I catch it. Same applies for licking fingers once they're out of the infant stage.

I will usually offer a squirt of baby lotion afterward because the residual taste is nasty and discourages them from doing it again.
This!
Tags:gross, nose pickers, sickness
Reply Up