Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don't Get It
tenderhearts 09:10 AM 09-12-2018
I do not understand how difficult it is for someone to pull in my drive way straight to one side. I have a parent that can not seem to do this. We have a longer driveway and he pulls in on one side then turns and blocks the entire thing, I don't understand, I just don't get it. I have asked him before to please pull to one side or park in the street, he was doing well for the last several months up until the last couple of weeks. My husband is getting so mad because he also has a business at home that requires the driveway as well. I was going to say something to him today but he pulled semi normal. Frustrating.
Annalee 09:31 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I do not understand how difficult it is for someone to pull in my drive way straight to one side. I have a parent that can not seem to do this. We have a longer driveway and he pulls in on one side then turns and blocks the entire thing, I don't understand, I just don't get it. I have asked him before to please pull to one side or park in the street, he was doing well for the last several months up until the last couple of weeks. My husband is getting so mad because he also has a business at home that requires the driveway as well. I was going to say something to him today but he pulled semi normal. Frustrating.
I understand your frustration. I have been here for 26 years and the last five years, I have a sign out front that says "park xxxxx, enter porch from driveway (do not walk across the grass), walk across porch, hold hands with your child and enter through the second door to the daycare"

I have this sign color coded with pics. What these clients need to comprehend drives me nuts!!!!!!
tenderhearts 10:36 AM 09-12-2018
Haha that's funny. I feel like I need to do that for parking right in drive way but it's only this one dad. I feel like buying cones and placing them out there just before he gets here.
Snowmom 10:58 AM 09-12-2018
Haha that's funny. I feel like I need to do that for parking right in drive way but it's only this one dad. I feel like buying cones and placing them out there just before he gets here.
Do it!!

Why not? Apparently, he needs a visual!
Jupadia 11:34 AM 09-12-2018
We had upstairs neboiurs like this, it came a daily thing to tell them to move their car and park straight so my husband could park as well. It only stopped cause when I got pregnant with my first we gave them notice and took over the whole house.

Now I've got patents that dont park in the driveway cause it's on a incline. A few have park right in front of our house and got parking tickets for it even though there was space available. Not that the hospital acrosse from me has been moved , parking enforcement not around as much thankfully for them.
Homebody 03:31 PM 09-12-2018
I have a parent who parks in the middle of the driveway. Its wide enough for two cars to park side by side up by the house. He's been told to park on one side or the other, but he always parks in the middle so nobody can park beside him. It was his turn to drop off today and I had another parent pull in as he was getting ready to leave. Our driveway narrows to just allow one car near the road. So, he finally got blocked in and had to wait for the other parent to drop off and leave before he could go. Hopefully this teaches him to leave room for others.
tenderhearts 01:08 PM 09-13-2018
I wish this dad would get blocked in. Although this morning he again pulled in and turned and blocked the whole driveway. I turned to my husband and said, aren't you expecting someone? and I turned to him and said, I really need you to start again pulling to one side of the driveway, not to mention my husband is expecting someone any second. He said, oh ok yea and left quickly. We'll see if he got it or not AGAIN.
MarinaVanessa 02:04 PM 09-13-2018
I would be tempted to do this also with a sign on a stick posted in the cone closest to the street ...
"park straight on one side Paul!"

Just buy 2 or 3 cones and put them down the middle of the driveway so you mark off two individual spots. Tedious I know but maybe it will help
Tags:driveway, driveway issues, drop off issue
Reply Up