Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outfits Kids Come In
lovemykidstoo 06:07 AM 11-20-2018
Do you guys ever have outfits that are terrible for daycare? This little guy is 7 months old and came in this fleece/flannel 1 piece outfit that has a hood on it. I took him out of his carseat after mom left thinking it was a coverup and that he would have something on underneath. Nope, just this and he's sweating and I don't allow things with hoods on for sleeping. What do people think sometimes? I have extra clothes here for him, so I'll be changing him.
Attached: hotoutfit.jpg (73.0 KB) 
Ariana 06:11 AM 11-20-2018
People just don’t think. He probably slept in that!

I have a child who comes in short summer socks and it is winter here. Her socks come off EVERY time she put her boots on to go outside and even sometimes when using the bathroom. So frustrating. Why can’t they purchase normal socks for her??
Indoorvoice 06:37 AM 11-20-2018
I have an 8 month old that out of the 3 days he is here a week, he shows up in bib overalls for 2 of them. There's approximately one million crotch snaps and he can't move in them. I always change him into a onesie and pants and send the overalls home when they pick up but the parents continue to send him in them. I would make a rule but I'm having fun playing the power struggle with the parents at this point as it's pretty obvious they know I don't like the overalls.whatever it takes me 2 seconds to change him at his first diaper change and not worth my breath fighting about it with them. So stupid.
Snowmom 07:34 AM 11-20-2018
I'd just bag it up and hand it over at pick up telling them that baby can't wear outfits like this to daycare and tell them why (overheating, hood can obstruct breathing).

Sometimes parents really don't realize this and sometimes they just go for the 100% cute factor with these things.

Personally, I hate, hate, hate skinny jeans on kids. Who the heck decided these things were a good idea on chubby baby fat in diapers?
I bag those things up to and tell them I just can't peel them off 4 times a day.
lovemykidstoo 11:40 AM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I have an 8 month old that out of the 3 days he is here a week, he shows up in bib overalls for 2 of them. There's approximately one million crotch snaps and he can't move in them. I always change him into a onesie and pants and send the overalls home when they pick up but the parents continue to send him in them. I would make a rule but I'm having fun playing the power struggle with the parents at this point as it's pretty obvious they know I don't like the overalls.whatever it takes me 2 seconds to change him at his first diaper change and not worth my breath fighting about it with them. So stupid.
I have a brother and sister duo that wear those dumb bibs too. I hate them with all of the snaps not to mention they're too small so the snaps are half off most the time. I just unsnap them all and let them wear them like skirts lol
lovemykidstoo 11:41 AM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I'd just bag it up and hand it over at pick up telling them that baby can't wear outfits like this to daycare and tell them why (overheating, hood can obstruct breathing).

Sometimes parents really don't realize this and sometimes they just go for the 100% cute factor with these things.

Personally, I hate, hate, hate skinny jeans on kids. Who the heck decided these things were a good idea on chubby baby fat in diapers?
I bag those things up to and tell them I just can't peel them off 4 times a day.
That's the plan. Although this is the 2nd time this outfit has been on him here. grrrr
Josiegirl 03:00 AM 11-21-2018
I'm beginning to dislike clothes for little ones with a ton of snaps. Kids aren't always cooperative about having their diapers changed and then when you have to deal with a dozen snaps to boot, it's irritating. Just give me simple pull up sweatpants for these little guys. Or the fleecy zip-up footed jammies for infants; cozy, comfy, easy.
lovemykidstoo 04:30 AM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I'm beginning to dislike clothes for little ones with a ton of snaps. Kids aren't always cooperative about having their diapers changed and then when you have to deal with a dozen snaps to boot, it's irritating. Just give me simple pull up sweatpants for these little guys. Or the fleecy zip-up footed jammies for infants; cozy, comfy, easy.
Same here. My son went to daycare for 3 years and he always wore sweat pants over 1 year old and under that he wore the 1 piece zip up.
kidsncats 05:24 AM 11-21-2018
I HATE skinny jeans and hoods, and snaps on kids in diapers. What ever happened to loose pants with elastic waists? They're not just for old-timers. lol
Tags:apparel, clothing - issues, clothing policies, drop off issues
Reply Up