Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 06-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Brand New! Hiya!

Hi!
I have been lurking for a week and finally decided to register
My name is Denise and I am from Michigan. I am finally deciding (after dreaming about it for the longest time) to open a daycare!
I have three kidlets of my own (10,6,2) and I can honestly say I am beyond excited about this journey!
I am terrible at intros, but I figured I could at least throw mine out here.......so hi
Old 06-08-2014, 04:20 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Regular member traffic picks up quite a bit during the weeks so stick around!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

Nice to meet you! You are going to love this forum! So many helpful ideas and lots of support here.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you!!
Some of the posts have been very helpful! I have run into many things I haven't even thought about haha!
Its def a wealth of info
Thanks again for the welcomes!!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

Hi neighbor! I'm from MI too!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yay! Hello neighbor!
If you don't mind, can I pm u? I have been curious about laws and stuff, and of course a fellow Michigander can help with those! Thanks again for the welcome!!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkm5189 View Post
Yay! Hello neighbor!
If you don't mind, can I pm u? I have been curious about laws and stuff, and of course a fellow Michigander can help with those! Thanks again for the welcome!!
Of course!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

I may not be able to get back to you right away, I have to cook dinner and stuff, but here's a link to the MI Child Care page. It has the rules and statutes on it as well as a Technical Assistance Manual where it thoroughly explains each rule. If you have any other questions, just ask! Hope it helps!

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,4562,7...529---,00.html
Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Hey there! Another Michigander here. I'm in the SW portion of MI. Stick around-it's great here!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

I am up north.....way up north, mackinaw s my neighbor! Imma troll (the good kind!l
I have done plant of looking over the website, getting everything lined up.....I guess questions more relate to a point of view type of thing, like, how do inspections go? Do u accept dhs payments, I have a private septic....how does that work with the environmental inspection?....things like that...probably also with mixed ages.....I want them all to enjoy their time here
I love reading the posts....very helpful!
I would have sent a pm earlier but my kindergarten graduate and myself totally forgot bags for teachers gifts its been a back and forth kinda night, yay for pajamas!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkm5189 View Post
I am up north.....way up north, mackinaw s my neighbor! Imma troll (the good kind!l
I have done plant of looking over the website, getting everything lined up.....I guess questions more relate to a point of view type of thing, like, how do inspections go? Do u accept dhs payments, I have a private septic....how does that work with the environmental inspection?....things like that...probably also with mixed ages.....I want them all to enjoy their time here
I love reading the posts....very helpful!
I would have sent a pm earlier but my kindergarten graduate and myself totally forgot bags for teachers gifts its been a back and forth kinda night, yay for pajamas!
Born & raised in the UP myself. I miss it. Maybe someday I'll make it back up there. Again, welcome to the forum. I will try to answer some of your questions soon. Heading to bed shortly :-) Glad to have you here!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Daycare.com Member

Grade eh yooper...haha love it!!!!!
Thank u for the welcomes!!!

Tags
michigan insurance, michigan member