Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Do?
MamaBear 01:04 PM 07-19-2011
Okay... Heres my situation:

I have a 13 month old DCB that left my daycare about 2.5 months ago. His mom is a teacher & right before the summer break they moved about 40 minutes away but she still works close to my home. So she made the decision to put him in a daycare next to her home and gave her 2 week notice back in May. All was fine and they were gone.

About a month ago she contacts me to tell me that he was having an awful time at the new daycare. He had been with me from when he was 3 months old till they left me when he was about 10 or 11 months. He was always fine here. Basically the mom was upset that every time she'd pick him up he was having a crying fit at his new daycare. So she asks me if she could bring him back to my daycare.

She apologized up & down for taking him out just for their "convenience" and really wanted him back here because he was so comfortable here & she never worried about him, etc etc... So I said ok.

She told me during that conversation how easy he is now... that hes walking now, napping for 3 hour naps each day and so easy going. THEN he comes back and it was NOT what she said.

He has MAJOR separation anxiety since he returned (last week). He has a HUGE fit when the mom leaves, a full on tantrum and cries so hard he barfs on himself. Then he calms down about 30 minutes later but EVERY time someone arrives or leaves at the door, he does the same routine all over again.

I started a new girl today and it was so embarrassing. He was having a fit and I was trying to listen to the new mom talk to me. It was awful.

Oh and he only naps 30 minutes a day... ALL day. So after the first awful day (which was last week) I told the mom how it was. THEN she tells me... "oh yeah - I cant even go to throw stuff out in the trash outside & leave him with his dad without him having a huge fit! He has total separation anxiety" WHAT??? What the heck happened to the easy going boy she bragged about last month??? The one who naps 3 hours a day and is so easy and happy??

So now its been a week and a half and he is getting worse. Every morning its the same thing. Big huge fit for 30 minutes to the point of puking... then starts up again every time someone arrives and leaves. And my only time to get a break from him is nap time and he wont sleep more than 30 minutes.

Hes 13 months old now... and he should be comfortable with me since he was with me for so long before... although I understand being gone from me for a couple months is like starting all over to him in his baby mind. Now I'm thinking the other daycare he was at was fine... its just him! I'm mad that the mom lied to me about how easy he is. I would never have taken him in if I knew all this about him. Especially since I had already taken another 13 month old and took in a 7 month old too. Its crazy here when hes having a fit... It triggers my 7 month old to wail even louder!

So should I term him? Give him more time? It's really wearing me out and I need to consider my sanity too.
Tags:crying - every day, parents - ask too much, rage baby, terminate, unreasonable parental expectations, wwyd
Up