Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Communication!?!
Jack Sprat 01:30 PM 07-18-2013
I have a dcb whose schedule varies each week. DCM works 6 nights on and then off 6. So this week I had dcb Monday and Tuesday. Should also have had him Wednesday but often dcm stays up for the day. Issue is that he was a no call no show and here it is Thursday and no one has come by to pay me.

Next issue is with a dcm who fails weekly to give me the next weeks schedule and texts me when daughter is up and about what time they will be heading down.

I wrote a note to all the parents that I need schedules for the next week the last day of care of the current week. They both saw the note. I also have this (what I think) clearly stated on my website. I'm frustrated with both these families and starting to feel that they are taking advantage of me.

Any suggestions? I know I need to just probably flat out tell them to there face. I dread doing that. I always feel like I am being a BEEP!
Blackcat31 02:01 PM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by Lil Monkey:
I have a dcb whose schedule varies each week. DCM works 6 nights on and then off 6. So this week I had dcb Monday and Tuesday. Should also have had him Wednesday but often dcm stays up for the day. Issue is that he was a no call no show and here it is Thursday and no one has come by to pay me.

Next issue is with a dcm who fails weekly to give me the next weeks schedule and texts me when daughter is up and about what time they will be heading down.

I wrote a note to all the parents that I need schedules for the next week the last day of care of the current week. They both saw the note. I also have this (what I think) clearly stated on my website. I'm frustrated with both these families and starting to feel that they are taking advantage of me.

Any suggestions? I know I need to just probably flat out tell them to there face. I dread doing that. I always feel like I am being a BEEP!
One of my provider friends handles schedules this way...

If you turn in your schedule by the due date, your rate is $xx.xx per day.

If your schedule is not submitted by the due date, your rare is $xx.xx per day (which is MUCH higher than the other rate)

Parents seem to get their schedules in really fast when there is money attached directly to the timeframe in which they submit it.

As far as paymt goes, text/call/e-mail the mom and tell her payment is due on xx day or she will have a late fee added. ....and possibly loss of services for non-payment.

You shouldn't have to chase your paycheck. If they don't show up to pay, don't provide services and charge a late fee that is big enough to make them think twice about forgetting again.

Late fees aren't always about getting/earning more money but are about teaching parents to be respectful about policies they agreed to follow.
Jack Sprat 04:41 PM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

If your schedule is not submitted by the due date, your rare is $xx.xx per day (which is MUCH higher than the other rate)

Parents seem to get their schedules in really fast when there is money attached directly to the timeframe in which they submit it.

As far as paymt goes, text/call/e-mail the mom and tell her payment is due on xx day or she will have a late fee added. ....and possibly loss of services for non-payment.

You shouldn't have to chase your paycheck. If they don't show up to pay, don't provide services and charge a late fee that is big enough to make them think twice about forgetting again.

Late fees aren't always about getting/earning more money but are about teaching parents to be respectful about policies they agreed to follow.

Excellent!!! I would have never thought of that! Thank you!
Familycare71 06:47 PM 07-18-2013

I LOVE that idea!! Def using it in the future for my changing schedule families . Yes- all of my penalty fees are about making it cost so much no one will continue doing it!
kimmills 09:16 AM 07-28-2013

Yes, indeed its a very nice idea to introduce the late fee thing- that way parents would be a little more responsible in paying on time and also informing you about their schedules.
Reply Up