Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions Daycare?
chouavang 09:23 AM 08-09-2010
Hi Ladies! Do you buy high chairs for infants and toddlers or just infants? Any other materials you ladies recommend I get. I'm buying my supplies and might have miss some other ones. When's the best time to open daycare? I was planning to open September but then haven't finished all my preparations. Any advice or suggestions on anything that helps? Thank You all for all your help!

Choua
kitkat 10:31 AM 08-09-2010
I would get just one high chair for now, until you know exactly how many you'll need. My DD was only in a high chair until she could sit up. Once she could sit up well, then I moved her to a booster seat for the table. I have a really small kitchen and didn't have room for the big high chair, so I got rid of it as soon as possible. The boosters take up so little space, especially when storing them. I know Fisher Price makes a reclining booster so you can supposedly use it from infant on.

As far as other supplies, as long as you have the basics, I think you should be fine to start with. It all depends on the kids you get. Good luck!
Golden Rule 10:52 AM 08-09-2010
I actually use vinyl bean bag chairs for spoon feeding infants. Sits them up perfectly, while supporting their heads and allows me to feed all three (while sitting in the floor) at the same time... Much faster/easier to clean than the "bouncy" seats I have seen so many centers use.

Once they can sit up and assist with feeding themselves, I move them directly to the table. I use clip-on, portable, high chairs with 3-point harnesses. They fold easily for storage and are easy to clean. (each manufacturer of these "portable high chairs" has their own weight restrictions, be sure to check them carefully. I only keep up to age 4 so rarely have children too heavy for them. They also run from $30-$100.)
Tags:high chair, infants
Reply Up