Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A couple of questions
beccadawn02 03:38 PM 05-05-2014
Im just starting out and I am trying to get my licenses. I havent even gotten any kids yet but I know you have to have a mat or cot for each one. Where is the best place to get this? Also I have to get a credit report to apply for my licenses. How does my credit affect my ability to get my licenses?
Maria2013 04:52 PM 05-05-2014
a credit report? I don't remember doing that

I bought my cots and mats from another provider that was closing
NoMoreJuice! 04:59 PM 05-05-2014
http://www.quill.com/kindermat-rest-...JV45186&cm_sp=

In Kansas, nap mats must be a minimum of 1/2" thickness, so I bought these.

I was reading through your Virginia regulations, and I didn't see anything about a credit report, but I could be mistaken. ANY time you have a question about something, the very best person to speak to is your licensing agency (usually at your county health department). My advice would be to jot down a list of questions to ask, so that when you are inspected (or preferably BEFORE) you can pick their brain and get correct information, and don't forget to write it down! It's a lot of info, and I know how daunting it can seem at first.
NoMoreJuice! 05:01 PM 05-05-2014
Oh, I just found your nap mat regulation--you have to have 1" thick mats! You can find them here: http://www.quill.com/mats/cbs/231248...JV45184&cm_sp=
craftymissbeth 05:09 PM 05-05-2014
I wonder if you're confusing a credit check with a background check? I can't imagine licensing caring about your credit, but who knows these days.

I got my nap mats from discountschoolsupply.com
NoMoreJuice! 05:20 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:

I got my nap mats from discountschoolsupply.com

Nice! Much better prices. I've never bought anything there. What a lovely evening to spend shopping.
beccadawn02 05:26 PM 05-05-2014
Right now I am trying to start up with all the licenses requirements even though I am only starting with my limits of 5 kids. I do want to get my licenses soon because I know it helps so I printed off all my applications, standards, rules and so on. On the application it states on the last page to attach 3 reference letters, operation budget, and one credit reference for the individual applying. I have a total different set of papers for my background check. I just didn’t see how my credit had anything to do with it. Thank you so very much for replying. This is something I have always wanted to do.
craftymissbeth 05:40 PM 05-05-2014
http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/di...702-03-eng.pdf

Ok, I see where it's asking for a credit reference. That's insane!
beccadawn02 05:49 PM 05-05-2014
I thought so also.
Unregistered 06:01 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I wonder if you're confusing a credit check with a background check? I can't imagine licensing caring about your credit, but who knows these days.
I recently looked into being registered to care for Child Care Assistance Program children, which I have done in the past. But now the contract says that they can look at all of our financial info, including utility bills. I decided not to do it, though I certainly have nothing to hide. was only going to so that I might have a chance to vote on unionization, but that just crosses a line to me.
Tags:new daycare, virginia
Reply Up