Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Developmental Delays
katzan 05:53 PM 09-18-2014
I have a DCK that is almost 3 years old. He doesn't use any words. He just sits there and babbles, non stop. There are no actual words that come out of his mouth. I've tried working with him but he has no interest in learning. He also can not point out any body parts and does not play well with others. He throws temper tantrums, refuses to nap, and can get aggressive at times if he doesn't get his way.

The situation is 50/50 with his parents. I found out that one parent actually babies him. They still cradle him like an infant, and when they talk to him, they actually babble to them instead of using words. If he throws a temper tantrum because they told him no, after he throws that tantrum, they cuddle him and baby him. The other parent is at a loss, it's like that parent and I work with him but when they go back to the other parent, everything we attempted was erased.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. The child has some serious delays. I've recommended occupational therapy and speech therapy but it hasn't happened yet.

Anyone have any ideas? recommendations? help!!
Go play! 06:59 PM 09-18-2014
You could suggest that the parents have him screened through the school district. In our district it is free.
Unregistered 08:05 AM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by Go play!:
You could suggest that the parents have him screened through the school district. In our district it is free.

I've done just that. I did end up getting pamphlets but the parents just shrug it off. While I don't mind having a special needs child, and can handle it, I can't HELP the child with what he needs exactly. I don't have that kind of training.
Tags:developmentally delayed, milestones
Reply Up