Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Sleeper
Missjaime 11:27 AM 10-07-2016
Hi all! I have a little DCG (21 months) who is usually a great sleeper, but recently has been falling asleep WAY too early. I have a very small group and they all eat lunch then go to nap after lunch. They all eat and nap in the same room (I put away lunch mess, then set up mats/pack n plays). This DCG has been randomly falling asleep an hour before lunch time! She will grab her blanket out of her cubby and go curl up in a corner. Obviously she is tired, but she has never had this problem before. Should I put her pack n play up in the other room and let her sleep? I am worried because I really need all of them to sleep at the same time as I have very little room in the house to use for kids in between nap. (Ie, if she is awake when everyone else is asleep, I have no where for her to play!)
What would you do? Try to wake her up? Call her parents? Just wing it? lol
Mike 12:11 PM 10-07-2016
If she can't stay awake until nap time, what about letting her have a short nap when she arrives? You could also ask the parents if they have changed her schedule at home.
Nurse Jackie 03:01 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
If she can't stay awake until nap time, what about letting her have a short nap when she arrives? You could also ask the parents if they have changed her schedule at home.
This is what I do. Those who get sleepy before afternoon nap I give them a little cat nap in the am.
Tags:early sleeper
Reply Up