Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Honestly Parents Drive Me Nuts
lovemykidstoo 05:00 AM 05-22-2019
I beg of the parents of this generation. Tell your child no just once in awhile. I have 1 mom in particular. I mean they're all bad, but this one in particular constantly tells me how he won't lay still for diaper changes, won't keep his clothes on, won't put his shoes or coat on etc. I have none of those problems with him, none! She comes in today with a pair of shoes on him and another pair in her hand (ones I dislike). I think great a new pair!! Oh no, she takes the ones off his feet and says she's taking those home, those are his new dress shoes. They're little tennis shoes with velcro. I said why did you put them on him then? Oh it was easier than the fit he was throwing because he wanted to wear them. Then she tells me how he's sleeping with all of his books now because it's "easier" than fighting with him. He's 22 months old. I said ya better get a handle on it because when he's 3, you're going to be in big trouble. Every single thing he wants to do, he does it because he squaks at her and she just give it to him. He's typically an angel here, but yesterday he grabbed another little girl by the shirt and pushed her out of the playhouse. He got in huge trouble with me for that. This is what happens when you don't discipline your kid! How to get through to these people that just because they cry, you cannot give in to them!
Tags:behavior management, discipline - consistency, parent- it's a verb, parenting styles
Up