Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Returned Check Thread

anyone know where the thread went about the provider who had checks get returned over and over? Im having the same problem-but Dad insists the money is there-they are family-and he brings me the money the same day if it does get returned NSF, so I know they have it. The problem is his bank shows nothing about it being sent on their end-my bank says NSF. He is embarassed and apologizes constantly-it is just ridiculous this cant be resolved theough the banks! I wanted to read the earlier thread to see what happened in their similiar situation.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Not sure where the other thread is but if I were you, he needs to pay cash until he gets the problem resolved with his bank. If he does have the money, then that shouldn't be a problem. It is not your responsibility to deal with it honestly.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:34 AM

Is it any of these threads:

http://www.daycare.com/forum/search.php?searchid=309855
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM

In my contract it states after one returned check, the rest of the payments need to be made in cash. This situation sounds like the problem is the bank (yours or his); so I would ask for payments in cash until the problem is solved.

My first thought is: is the check referencing the wrong account? Are they new checks that were just issued? Is this only happening with the checks he is writing to you or has it happened with his other checks as well?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

The best thing to do is making him to pay you cash only. I know it is a pain in the butt but I think it would be resolved to pay you the cash...
Old 10-19-2010, 11:54 AM

Mine is stated the same way in my contract-after one check doesn't clear- nonsufficient funds- it is cash only from then on!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:44 PM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

i have a cash only rule, NO exceptions...just for this reason. i also require payments ON mondays at drop off to prevent no payment..no pay no play is my rule if for some reason their payment needs to be adjusted for whatever reason, it will happen on the following week

ie: i do not charge for days not in care...say they pay for the week and child misses a day, i will adjust the following weeks pay to 4 days
Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

We have several "Bounced Check" threads here: http://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=bounced+check

Tags
bounced check