Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Older infant ideas please
Lavender 09:27 AM 03-16-2013
I could use more ideas for the kids in my rooms. Right now I'm doing a lot of sensory things such as fingerpainting with yogurt, things in the sensory tub such as water + ducks, oats or other edible stuff. I do color wonder with them as well. I am also paying for most of the materials myself so I prefer to keep it on the cheaper side. Details for my room:

Age range of about 7-15 months. Youngest is only sitting, not crawling. 4 kids are on table food, 1 is on baby food and working on table food, 3 are on baby food plus puffs, and 1 gets only baby food. We can do some things with only the older kids if necessary. We do have highchairs to do activities in such as the fingerpainting. We have one older one who is very oral and we have 2 kids whose parents worry a lot about what they are exposed to (even painting their hands and then washing them is a concern). My biggest concern is large motor as we are unable to go outside right now due to the cold because so many parents just won't bring in shoes or other foot covering and/or proper coats for the weather. I've been doing a tunnel, I bought a pop-up tent to play inside, and I bring in different sized balls. We need more though.

Thank you!!!
blandino 07:29 PM 03-16-2013
We have large rolls of bubble wrap that are fun for them to jump and crawl on - the same goes for rolls of banner paper. I just lay it down and let them go crazy. I just ordered bean bags - and we are having a ton of fun with those - tossing into a bucket or the air. They seem to really like the texture.

A parachute is fun too - the little ones can watch. And it sounds like your kids are little enough - that they wouldn't play too rough.

Also when the majority of my DCKs were that age and a little older -we had lots of fun calling out animal names and having everyone act like that animal. It was really great for large motor skills. I still pull that one out on rainy days to get some movement in.

In the past few weeks we have integrated some sensory bins for our 9 -18 mo olds. They have sponges, the jumbo size pom-pons, toilet paper & paper towel rolls, large river rocks, wax paper, tin foil balls, and hair scrunchies, all in bins to combine how we want.
jamiem 07:59 AM 03-19-2013
I could use some new ideas as well! I have a 7 month old, a one year old,and a 19 month old. We spend a lot of time playing with toys, reading books, looking at flashcards, etc but I want to get more creative with them, its just hard while they are all still pretty little. We made moon sand once and that was a huge hit but very messy. We also play with playdough, color with crayons, play with craft foam shapes on the window (sticks with just water), build forts under the table, fingerpaint with yogurt, play with a water table. They also spend a lot of time putting lids (milk, juice, etc) into an empty kleenex box-the kind with the slit.
Reply Up