Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who else got that early morning text/call/knock on the door?
NightOwl 09:33 AM 05-26-2014
It's MEMORIAL DAY! A major national holiday in the US. And of course, there's always that one. She text this morning saying you ARE open, right? Hell no I'm not! Didn't you read the email? The Facebook post? The GIANT reminder on the front entrance that's at eye level and had been there for a solid week? Not to mention my holidays are listed in the guide book. Sheesh.....
BumbleBee 09:45 AM 05-26-2014
I received a phone call at 6:45am informing me that my 7am wasn't coming since mom was off. I let it go to the answering machine but it still woke me up.
NightOwl 09:54 AM 05-26-2014
Omg..... Omg. That's all can say about this.
sharlan 10:07 AM 05-26-2014
Nope, I put a big sign written in red on my front door on Friday. Nobody would dare show up.
Sunchimes 10:38 AM 05-26-2014
I am open. I have one (of 2) moms off. I confirmed 5 times last week that the toddler would not be here. Without him, we can do some fun things that are normally not possible, so I made all of the plans. Noon yesterday, she sent a rambling text that made almost no sense, but did say dck would be here. I'm guessing that based on our morning, he was being a stinker and she decided against being cooped up on a rainy day with his moods. It's OK, I'm open, she paid, but it would have been nice if she had told me last week before I made plans for a special day. Oh well. I just pulled up an old lesson plan and we march on.
craftymissbeth 11:11 AM 05-26-2014
I'm open today, too. Only one of the three that were scheduled for today showed up, but that's because both of her parents are actually working. The other family told me they'd be here yesterday, but didn't show up. Light day for me, I guess!
CraftyMom 11:54 AM 05-26-2014
I was half expecting a phone call or knock on the door this morning.

None of my parents are working today, but I guarantee that if I was open there would be at least one kid here!
DaisyMamma 01:40 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I was half expecting a phone call or knock on the door this morning.

None of my parents are working today, but I guarantee that if I was open there would be at least one kid here!
absolutely!
Sugar Magnolia 02:32 PM 05-26-2014
If someone was knocking on the door to my center, i didn't hear it 8 miles away at my house.
Blackcat31 02:37 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
If someone was knocking on the door to my center, i didn't hear it 8 miles away at my house.
That't the same thing I was thinking!
I have no idea if anyone showed up or not because I didn't.

I will look at the video footage though as every once in a while I do catch someone "realizing" at the last minute (while knocking) that I am closed that day.
MarinaVanessa 02:53 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Nope, I put a big sign written in red on my front door on Friday. Nobody would dare show up.
I have a sign on my front door too and I disabled my DC line so I didn't get a knock or call.
Patches 05:08 PM 05-26-2014
No knock or call, but I did get a message on Facebook from someone wanting an interview today. Nope. I'm not working today
LysesKids 04:48 AM 05-27-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
No knock or call, but I did get a message on Facebook from someone wanting an interview today. Nope. I'm not working today
I got one of those too lol… I will call her this morning to set up a meeting (she's obviously read my website, so knows fees etc)
Reply Up