Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CDA Interview Tomorrow! Questions
MsMe 12:11 PM 05-02-2011
I just finished printing the last few things for my resource file ( I have had them finished just need to print.) I think I have everything together and ready to go for 10 am tomorrow!!

I do have one question. Do my parent questionaires need to be in individual sealed envelopes or is one big manila envelope fine?

Any advice or heads up from anyone who has recieved their CDA?
laundrymom 12:49 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by MsMe:
I just finished printing the last few things for my resource file ( I have had them finished just need to print.) I think I have everything together and ready to go for 10 am tomorrow!!

I do have one question. Do my parent questionaires need to be in individual sealed envelopes or is one big manila envelope fine?

Each survey should have been sealed in an envelope by the parent and then you take them to the interview.
laundrymom 12:51 PM 05-02-2011
And good luck!!!! I had mine in march and was a basketcase,... But it was sooooooo not stressworthy.
Michael 03:47 PM 05-02-2011
Here is another thread that may help: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27987
momatheart 05:35 PM 05-02-2011
I have had my CDA for 6 years.

Have each parents questionair in a seperate envelope and sealed.

This is really NOTHING to loose sleep over the test is VERY easy.

I had to do my recertification a few years ago. I am on the every 5 yr now.
MsMe 05:48 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
I have had my CDA for 6 years.

Have each parents questionair in a seperate envelope and sealed.

This is really NOTHING to loose sleep over the test is VERY easy.

I had to do my recertification a few years ago. I am on the every 5 yr now.
thank you so much! I have heard a few times that it is nothing to worry about so I am putting my worry wort personality aside and being calm. I started this journey jan 2010 and am excited to be finishing up!
MsMe 06:38 AM 05-03-2011
Good thing I didn't get too worked up over the interview. She call this AM and cancelled. Resched for the 17th of May.
Preschool/daycare teacher 02:07 PM 05-03-2011
Good thing I didn't get too worked up over the interview. She call this AM and cancelled. Resched for the 17th of May.
I'm going through the CDA also. I am SO nervous about the observation and the oral interview. I understood that the parent questionaires have to be sealed in seperate envelopes, and then all of those envelopes should be put into a manilla envelope with your name, how many you sent out, and how many were returned written on it. Good luck!
Unregistered 06:33 PM 08-27-2012

You are not supposed to see the Parent Q's after they fill them out. Each goes in one Letter sized SEALED envelope, then put all that in a large manila envelope to give to the COuncil REP. Label the large envelope, you name, and # received/ # given to parents. Be sure you have over 75% of them. ONE per family.

ALso, Observation Instrument must be in SEALED manila envelope. DO NOT OPEN YOURSELF.
Annalee 05:19 AM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
And good luck!!!! I had mine in march and was a basketcase,... But it was sooooooo not stressworthy.
Very true! The interview process was the easy part for me as well! Good luck!
itlw8 09:00 AM 08-28-2012
I found the test to be easy I finished it way before the end of the time alloted. I do read fast but the tester was surprised.

The oral test on a few pictures she asked several times if I wanted to add something So I knew I missed something on that picture but I passed .I never did know what she was looking for.

I did not renew mine but there is an amnesty program now until Dec 31 I make the time frame by 15 days because mine was held up in the mail because of the anthrax in Dc that year. So much easier to get the CEUs now online. I have 1 more care course to finish.

sorry I failed to check dates this is an old post. I am leaving it in case someone needs to renew under the amnesty program
Tags:cda, cda interview
Reply Up