Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract
TwinMama 07:18 AM 03-08-2015
How specific are your contracts?

I have a policy and procedures binder I give the paren't then a contract to sign....then a form that gives me permission to use Tylenol, sunscreen, and to take them for walks.

Am I being too specific? Also, do you have a special contract for teachers?
Blackcat31 08:08 AM 03-08-2015
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
How specific are your contracts?

I have a policy and procedures binder I give the paren't then a contract to sign....then a form that gives me permission to use Tylenol, sunscreen, and to take them for walks.

Am I being too specific? Also, do you have a special contract for teachers?
My contract covers payment amount and when payment is made. It also covers late fees and any other fees related to scheduling, drop off and pick ups.

My policy hand book covers EVERYTHING else in 35 pages so literally everything else....

I don't have a special contract for teachers because there is nothing special about a daycare parent being a teacher that concerns me.

I don't care if they have certain breaks during the year or the summer off....I don't cater to specific career choices.

We have many professions in my neck of the woods that work seasonally (loggers, construction etc) that would also expect a special contract if I gave teachers one so.... I have ONE contract for all families.

If teachers want to take the summer off, they are welcome to do so but I don't save or hold spaces.

I require payment in full 50 weeks a year for everyone no matter what line of work they are in.
finsup 08:52 AM 03-08-2015
My contract states days/hours, rate of pay and when it is due. They sign that. Seperatly I have a policies handbook that they read and sign at the end stating they agree and will abide by it.
TwinMama 07:15 AM 03-09-2015
Would anyone be willing to give me an example of theirs?
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
Would anyone be willing to give me an example of theirs?
I will PM you the link to both my contract and my handbook.
TwinMama 07:23 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thank you so much!
daycare 08:23 AM 03-09-2015
I have two contracts and 1 PHB

1 contract is temp contract during your two week paid trial. If it all goes well, and we agree that the child will stay after the two weeks, I then give a permanent contract, #2. Basically covers all the same stuff, just lets them know that they need to now give 30 day advance notice in writing when they want to terminate care.

My contract is 1.5 pages long and covers everything from the hours/ days they will attend, what meals they will receive, few highlights about no sick kids and payment information. it also has a part that says, I have read the PHB and agree to follow all rules and policies. Failure to read these polices does not dismiss your responsibility in following all rules of the childcare.
LysesKids 12:45 PM 03-09-2015
I have 2 contracts also, but one is the FT/PT one & the other is a Drop-in contract; all on one page so parents can't say I switched a page on them in case it ever goes to court... it's stand alone, my handbook is 8 pages - the contract has a statement that says...

I /We hereby agree to comply with the rules and regulations of Tir Na nOg Playcare regarding payment, attendance, health, and other items specified in the policies issued. This childcare reserves the right to make changes to policies, procedures and agreements as deemed necessary due to the fluctuation of food, utilities and other costs. This agreement is a legal contract and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws in the state of Tennessee. Altering or changing it without XXXXX XXXX (my name) knowledge or consent will void and nullify all care arrangements.
Unregistered 01:11 PM 03-09-2015
My contract is also separate. And when I revise I change the revise date on each page.
I do the same on each page of my policy book.
Thriftylady 01:33 PM 03-09-2015
I have a contract and a drop in contract and a handbook. My handbook is probably missing a lot that should be in it, but it is better than the none I had the first time I did childcare.
laundrymom 04:12 PM 03-09-2015
Could I see your temp contract?

Originally Posted by daycare:
I have two contracts and 1 PHB

1 contract is temp contract during your two week paid trial. If it all goes well, and we agree that the child will stay after the two weeks, I then give a permanent contract, #2. Basically covers all the same stuff, just lets them know that they need to now give 30 day advance notice in writing when they want to terminate care.

My contract is 1.5 pages long and covers everything from the hours/ days they will attend, what meals they will receive, few highlights about no sick kids and payment information. it also has a part that says, I have read the PHB and agree to follow all rules and policies. Failure to read these polices does not dismiss your responsibility in following all rules of the childcare.

laundrymom 04:13 PM 03-09-2015
BC's is freaking awesome
MarinaVanessa 05:28 PM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
BC's is freaking awesome
It definitely is. She was nice enough to let me use her format and some of her wording when I redid mine a while back.

Here's mine. I used a contract, a handbook and a separate sheet that has the schedule. This was easier for me since my clients were able to just fill out a new schedule sheet if their schedule changed (instead of signing a new contract).

Contract
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Y...ew?usp=sharing

Handbook

Schedule
Josiegirl 03:08 AM 03-10-2015
BC, would you be able to PM me the link to your contract and handbook too PLease??? I've been wanting to change mine for so long and it always seems to get put further on down my to-do list. Thanks so much.
LysesKids 04:48 AM 03-10-2015
I need to redo mine also.... seems like you have a go to contract to die for; pretty please PM too?
daycare 05:18 PM 03-11-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Could I see your temp contract?
sorry I just saw this. I would love to share it with you once I get my hard drive back and HOPE that it gets recovered. My computer took a dump last week and everything that I had on it as of right now is GONE....ugh
Reply Up