Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What do You Think of These?
Gemma 05:17 AM 03-13-2015
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

I hope the link works, I've never posted a link before
AuntTami 05:23 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:

Do they stack/fold up? My only concern would be the amount of space they'd take up if they can't be nestled together or folded up. But I don't have a lot of storage space.
Meyou 05:28 AM 03-13-2015
I don't have them but I think I'm going to pick up two to try them out for that price.
Gemma 05:58 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Do they stack/fold up? My only concern would be the amount of space they'd take up if they can't be nestled together or folded up. But I don't have a lot of storage space.
don't think they stack cause they are shown closed and in a bag!
Gemma 05:59 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I don't have them but I think I'm going to pick up two to try them out for that price.
If you do, please let us know how they work out for you!
Rockgirl 06:18 AM 03-13-2015
I think I would dread unfolding and folding them every day. I was so happy when my youngest dcg graduated from a pnp for that reason. That's just me, though.
Leigh 06:37 AM 03-13-2015

I tried one of them because I don't have a lot of space for storing the other kind of cots. I didn't like them. They didn't seem too comfortable-the kids preferred the sling cots. They're not as easy to clean, either. I got rid of it after a few weeks.
mommiebookworm 09:52 AM 03-13-2015

I have these. I've had them since March of last year. I like that they fold up (sort of like a camping chair). I just store them in the closet in a crate. I have noticed a couple of them are getting a stress tear by the rivets. Overall, they have worked well.
Baby Beluga 09:57 AM 03-13-2015
My DD has one of these for sleepovers at grandma's - I do not like it and will be replacing it with the blow up toddler mattress.

They are flimsy and much like the pp said - they fold up like a camping chair. There is no lock on the legs that keep it unfolded, just the weight of the child on it. I can easily see it folding up on a child.
Blackcat31 10:00 AM 03-13-2015
LOTS of providers in my area have been talking about and using these lately. I think its because the cost is fair.

Personally, I don't have storage for that many cots (I have 10-12 kids daily) and I really am not fond of anything that folds with hinges like that.

The gals I do know that use them seem to like them though...

I just use the folding Kindy mats and it works well so I've just never switched.
KiddieCahoots 10:27 AM 03-13-2015
I have them, and absolutely love them!
Have had them for a few yrs now, and they are holding up well.
The only thing that has worn out is the fitted sheet that comes with it, but a regular size crib sheet fits great.
I actually like how they fold up into their own carry sack. Each child has their own labeled cot, I fold the child's blanket in with the cot, put the cot in the carry sack, and into the closet. Licensing approved the way they are contained, because they don't want them to be in contact with another.
AuntTami 10:28 AM 03-13-2015
don't think they stack cause they are shown closed and in a bag!
Oops! I looked quick this morning and didn't look through all of the pictures! Hehe
spinnymarie 11:21 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I tried one of them because I don't have a lot of space for storing the other kind of cots. I didn't like them. They didn't seem too comfortable-the kids preferred the sling cots. They're not as easy to clean, either. I got rid of it after a few weeks.
This would be my concern, how would you clean them? Can you take the canvas part off and wash it?
I like our stackable cots because they are plastic mesh that can be wiped/hosed off and doesn't 'hold' anything.
284878 01:15 PM 03-14-2015
I got them but haven't used them yet. They come with sheets plus crib sheet does fit over it. I do find them to be wipeable. The ones I purchase we're missing a sheet. Regelo sent me one.

$25 is a good price, I got them for $29.
ColorfulSunburst 04:03 PM 03-14-2015
the metal stick in the middle of this bed makes the bed very uncomfortable.
bananas 06:38 PM 03-14-2015
I just got one the other day for $10 used. I'm used to unfolding/popping open several Pack 'n' Plays at nap time every day and the cot is MUCH easier to unfold…it basically just falls open…versus a Pack 'n' Play which can be a puzzle at times!
My 3.5 year old DCG loves it and doesn't find it uncomfortable at all! She slept 3.5 hours on it today…I had to wake her up
Gemma 07:41 PM 03-14-2015
So some of you like them and some of you don't....and I'm more undecided than I was before

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!
Crazy8 05:17 PM 03-15-2015
I switched from the fold up mats to these last year and have no complaints. Kids sleep on them just fine. They fold up in 5 seconds, definitely not as much of a pain as a pack n play. I don't have the space for the stacking/hanging cots so these were my only option besides the fold up mats and I'm happy with them.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 05:23 PM 03-15-2015
I got these about 6-months ago and the kids seem to like them. They fold and unfold their own now and I just put them in the carry case thing. They are all 2 so it is fun for them. My dd use to sleep on one and has had wetting accident one it. I just wiped it down and put it out in the sun to dry. No issues. The thing I did notice is that I do have to tighten the screws every few weeks. Overall it was worth the investment for me.
Reply Up