Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop In Rate!
littlemisssunshine 08:39 AM 05-22-2012
What do you conisder a drop-in? im a new provider and am trying to figure out my drop in rate, for example if a parent only wants regular care for only 3 days a week do i charge her my drop in rate(30 each day) or my part time(100/week) rate? or is drop in care only in an emergency?
GretasLittleFriends 08:59 AM 05-22-2012
Your example listed would be part-time care. I have several kids that are on a drop-in status. They are here maybe 5 days out of the whole month. Mom will get a hold of me usually the week before or beginning of the week to see if I have room for little Johnny or Susie, then they are here for a day. They are more of an on-call or will-call status.

So to answer your question drop-ins, in my opinion, are either emergency back-ups or do not have any sort of set schedule with you.
small_steps 09:59 AM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Your example listed would be part-time care. I have several kids that are on a drop-in status. They are here maybe 5 days out of the whole month. Mom will get a hold of me usually the week before or beginning of the week to see if I have room for little Johnny or Susie, then they are here for a day. They are more of an on-call or will-call status.

So to answer your question drop-ins, in my opinion, are either emergency back-ups or do not have any sort of set schedule with you.
Yes I agree with this.

My drop in rate is usually a good bit more than my part time rate. For example, in my area, the going weekly rate for home daycare is about $100-$125 and so my weekly rate is $125 and my drop in rate is $40 per day. If it was a regular thing...like 3 days a week I usually take my daily rate which woud be $25 per day and 3 days plus about $10 extra per week. So for 3 days I would charge about $85 per week mainly because part time care is an inconvenience for most providers.
momma2girls 08:56 AM 05-23-2012
I do a drop in rate at $5.00 more per day than my fulltime rate. This is also my part-time rate as well.
MarinaVanessa 09:07 AM 05-23-2012
My drop-in rate is more than my part-time rate as well. Part time is regular care but just not Monday through Friday and just like full-time care it's guaranteed weekly. Drop-in care is when someone needs it sporatically a spot is based on availability and isn't guaranteed.
wdmmom 09:38 AM 05-23-2012
When I offered drop in care, it was $45 for 9.5 hours max.

My part time rate varies from $20-$35 a day.
JenNJ 03:02 PM 05-23-2012
My drop in rate is hourly. $7 per hour per child.
daycare 03:13 PM 05-23-2012
this is how I define all three:

Full time- as anything more than 32 hours a week
Part time - anything less than 32 hours and wanting a consistent set days of the week

drop in- on needed basis care for no more than 9.5 hours each time care is needed

I know I have better definitions, just cant find it...lol
Tags:drop in care rates
Reply Up