Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thats Right Blame the Daycare!!!
dave4him 06:00 PM 07-12-2012

So i hear another report about my niece slapping someone and saying 'i hate you.' This time it was at her doctors appointment, apparently she hit a nurse doing her wic check up. . And of course grandma and mom dont imagine she could have picked this behavior up from anywhere else other than my home and from my five year old. Now i do admit she does have issues using that word herself, and i tell her its a mean word and she shouldnt say it. But my niece is two, so she isnt going to understand these things like my daugther should. Its just frusterating because she could have picked that word and bad behavior up from anywhere. I know it wasnt here! I think shes just being a typical two year old brat
KBCsMommy 06:11 PM 07-12-2012
Dave, this is pretty much what I just went through with the family that terminated.

Parent's have no clue that us as providers go above and beyond to discourage bad behavoir. Everything negative kids learn; they learn at daycare. Everything positive they learn; they learn at home. This is according to parents!

Sorry you are dealing with this.
cheerfuldom 06:11 PM 07-12-2012
sorry. that happens to all of us, family or not. its just easier than admitting that their kid has an issue that needs to be addressed. they should be working WITH you to curb the behavior, not placing blame. kids learn things from a variety of sources.
Reply Up