Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Country Kids's Avatar
Country Kids Country Kids is offline
Nature Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,043
Default This Is Beyond Horrible

This story just made me want to cry, no child deserves this. My dad use to work in the town this happened. I've been there so many times, I just can't believe this.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...ess/ar-AA6XY7G
__________________
Each day is a fresh start
Never look back on regrets
Live life to the fullest
We only get one shot at this!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-07-2014, 12:42 PM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

So sad.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,304
Default

Oh my That's terrible. That poor poor child.
WTF Is Wrong With People????
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Leigh's Avatar
Leigh Leigh is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,816
Default

I read that story yesterday afternoon and I DID cry. I just saw the picture and imagined myself holding that little one in my arms. I just can't believe the evil in some people.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-07-2014, 03:37 PM
MOM OF 4 LOGGED OUT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Um, that's just disturbing on every single level! The world is getting sicker and sicker because no one is held fully accountable. There's always a freaking excuse. I'm so tired of it, and the 23yo's mom is an idiot to believe her 'precious snowflake' is perfect and didn't participate. I hate when children have to be harmed because people are so evil.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,296
Default

Number one killer is mommy.
Number two is mommy and boyfriend.
Number three is boyfriend alone.

This kid didn't stand a chance. If the father isn't around the odds go up even.further

We always go to how we should be the ones people are suspicious of but we are far down the list of risk to kids of intentional injury and death.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM OF 4 LOGGED OUT View Post
Um, that's just disturbing on every single level! The world is getting sicker and sicker because no one is held fully accountable. There's always a freaking excuse. I'm so tired of it, and the 23yo's mom is an idiot to believe her 'precious snowflake' is perfect and didn't participate. I hate when children have to be harmed because people are so evil.
Sorry mom, this guy is no snow"flake". If this picture was taken after the murder, he is an empty vessel.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:13 PM
KiddieCahoots's Avatar
KiddieCahoots KiddieCahoots is offline
FCC Educator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,351
Default

So sickening.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,304
Default

There's an older boy in the home also that has signs of abuse. These people are worse than sick, I've always been on the fence as far as the death penalty goes but it's cases like this....
And I hope when their court case comes up, a plea of insanity isn't entered. Of course they're insane. Sane people don't do these things.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:32 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
There's an older boy in the home also that has signs of abuse. These people are worse than sick, I've always been on the fence as far as the death penalty goes but it's cases like this....
And I hope when their court case comes up, a plea of insanity isn't entered. Of course they're insane. Sane people don't do these things.
I struggle with the death penalty too. Crimes against kids and elderly test me completely. I saw this video of two nursing assistants beating up on an elderly Alzheimer patient and honestly I thought... I wish someone would beat them up... big time.

I'm so against violence but ugh.... the thunder when it's a helpless baby like him or an elderly person. I can't STAND it
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-07-2014, 05:01 PM
nanglgrl's Avatar
nanglgrl nanglgrl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,624
Default

I don't agree with the death penalty. I think people like this should get so much worse than to be put to sleep with little to no pain. Yes they may fret and worry while on death row but it's not enough. An eye for an eye sounds so much more appealing for low life scum that hurt children or the elderly.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanglgrl View Post
I don't agree with the death penalty. I think people like this should get so much worse than to be put to sleep with little to no pain. Yes they may fret and worry while on death row but it's not enough. An eye for an eye sounds so much more appealing for low life scum that hurt children or the elderly.
I know. I could never put someone to death. I just want them to be hurt in revenge SO bad. I can't stomach harm to the helpless. Kids and elderly are our greatest assets as humans.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-07-2014, 05:31 PM
SignMeUp's Avatar
SignMeUp SignMeUp is offline
Family ChildCare Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: at home, of course
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
There's an older boy in the home also that has signs of abuse. These people are worse than sick, I've always been on the fence as far as the death penalty goes but it's cases like this....
And I hope when their court case comes up, a plea of insanity isn't entered. Of course they're insane. Sane people don't do these things.
I've always thought the plea or judgement should be "guilty, but by reason of insanity".
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-07-2014, 05:32 PM
hope's Avatar
hope hope is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,520
Default

I wonder what this poor child's life was from day to day. I'm sure this was not the only time he was tortured. So sad.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMeUp View Post
I've always thought the plea or judgement should be "guilty, but by reason of insanity".
That would assume that they knew what they were doing but were sick enough to know it.

What makes them not guilty is that they were too sick (insane) to really understand their actions.

There is also evil, and it is not a sickness. It may be crazy that people would do bad stuff but there are those that enjoy it, not sick and that is conscious evil.

Those that are consciously evil, I would have no problem introducing them to their maker. (within the law of course)

Last edited by Michael; 11-07-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-07-2014, 06:48 PM
SignMeUp's Avatar
SignMeUp SignMeUp is offline
Family ChildCare Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: at home, of course
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
That would assume that they knew what they were doing but were sick enough to know it.

What makes them not guilty is that they were too sick (insane) to really understand their actions.

There is also evil, and it is not a sickness. It may be crazy that people would do bad stuff but there are those that enjoy it, not sick and that is conscious evil.

Those that are consciously evil, I would have no problem introducing them to their maker. (within the law of course)
To me, the "guilty" only assumes that they did commit the crime they are charged with. "But by reason of insanity" (to me) assumes that they are not fully responsible because of their mental state.
I agree that some people are consciously evil, though I have always been opposed to the death penalty. Some days, though, I fear we are reaching some kind of critical mass in regards to the evil
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-08-2014, 03:59 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,058
Default

What always gets me is when two or more people commit a truly horrific crime together. It's bad enough when one person kills, but they usually try to hide it....who would want anyone knowing you're capable of something like that? But when they bring someone else into it, and that person also agrees to it? I can't even comprehend that. Like the case in Oklahoma where the group of teenage boys were bored and decided to go kill someone. They drove around and saw a guy out for a run and shot him. It sickens me.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
What always gets me is when two or more people commit a truly horrific crime together. It's bad enough when one person kills, but they usually try to hide it....who would want anyone knowing you're capable of something like that? But when they bring someone else into it, and that person also agrees to it? I can't even comprehend that. Like the case in Oklahoma where the group of teenage boys were bored and decided to go kill someone. They drove around and saw a guy out for a run and shot him. It sickens me.
I so agree! It's heinous enough to think 1 evil person can do such a thing but when s/he talks someone else into joining them, it's scary to think there were that many evil souls close enough to join them. You expect it to be more of a random thought for 1 evil mind.

There is a court case going on now in my state. A sweet loving, hard-working mom and high school teacher(both my dds had her) was murdered by 2 evil sick people, husband and wife. She'd gone to help them with alleged car trouble and when she got there she was strangled, tazed, abducted, tortured, and killed. Her 2 yo ds was in the car watching her mom being attacked. They had planned the whole thing. Unfortunately, she never said no when it came to helping someone.
He's been tried and has gotten 25 yrs.(I think it was 25) to life. Her trial is coming up. Rumor has it they're going to go for the insanity plea. They remind me of this couple, completely soul-less, evil to the core. You have to wonder what turned that switch in their brain to make them do this? Has their life always been he!!? What was their childhood like? Are they on drugs? What did this to them that they could even think of doing something so horrific? And how on earth did they ever find another human being that would be willing to think the same evil way??

And another thing I don't understand is why oh why does the law go forever in trying to protect the rights of such disturbed criminals when the innocent victims are left to suffer? Not to mention trying to live through the awful events yet again going to court? Can you imagine being a family member and being subjected to such awful testimony and graphic pictures?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-08-2014, 05:07 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,058
Default

I've tried to imagine what it must be like for the family members. When I read the article posted by the OP, my last couple of dck's were still here. I looked at them and just thought....how on earth??
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-08-2014, 05:54 AM
Laurel's Avatar
Laurel Laurel is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,148
Default

Although it was beyond horrific, I find the idea of 'truly evil' a little hard to swallow. It seems like scientifically/psychologically there had to be a 'cause'. Whether it can be pinned down or not is another question.

I've read about cases where even a child who has a wonderful childhood can kill another child. Something somewhere 'snaps'. I think 'insanity' accounts for the kinds of cases where 'we just don't know the cause' so call it insanity. It seems as good a word as any.

In some cases it seems clear what the cause is and some it doesn't.

Either way, it is horrendous and heart wrenching.

Laurel
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Laurel's Avatar
Laurel Laurel is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I so agree! It's heinous enough to think 1 evil person can do such a thing but when s/he talks someone else into joining them, it's scary to think there were that many evil souls close enough to join them. You expect it to be more of a random thought for 1 evil mind.

There is a court case going on now in my state. A sweet loving, hard-working mom and high school teacher(both my dds had her) was murdered by 2 evil sick people, husband and wife. She'd gone to help them with alleged car trouble and when she got there she was strangled, tazed, abducted, tortured, and killed. Her 2 yo ds was in the car watching her mom being attacked. They had planned the whole thing. Unfortunately, she never said no when it came to helping someone.
He's been tried and has gotten 25 yrs.(I think it was 25) to life. Her trial is coming up. Rumor has it they're going to go for the insanity plea. They remind me of this couple, completely soul-less, evil to the core. You have to wonder what turned that switch in their brain to make them do this? Has their life always been he!!? What was their childhood like? Are they on drugs? What did this to them that they could even think of doing something so horrific? And how on earth did they ever find another human being that would be willing to think the same evil way??

And another thing I don't understand is why oh why does the law go forever in trying to protect the rights of such disturbed criminals when the innocent victims are left to suffer? Not to mention trying to live through the awful events yet again going to court? Can you imagine being a family member and being subjected to such awful testimony and graphic pictures?
I imagine that more than one person can do it because if you are sick it seems like you would seek out someone else who is sick. Regular healthy people would reject a partner with those sick qualities so they need to find someone like them who would be complicit in something like this.

Laurel
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-08-2014, 07:44 AM
NeedaVaca's Avatar
NeedaVaca NeedaVaca is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Middle
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanglgrl View Post
I don't agree with the death penalty. I think people like this should get so much worse than to be put to sleep with little to no pain. Yes they may fret and worry while on death row but it's not enough. An eye for an eye sounds so much more appealing for low life scum that hurt children or the elderly.
They will get what's coming to them in jail, death penalty would be too easy. From what I understand, most of the people in jail can NOT STAND child abusers and they will make their life pure torture...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca View Post
They will get what's coming to them in jail, death penalty would be too easy. From what I understand, most of the people in jail can NOT STAND child abusers and they will make their life pure torture...

That begs the question what is cruel and unusual punishment? It seems as though you're saying the death penalty is the lesser of the two?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-09-2014, 01:43 PM
NeedaVaca's Avatar
NeedaVaca NeedaVaca is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Middle
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
That begs the question what is cruel and unusual punishment? It seems as though you're saying the death penalty is the lesser of the two?
I'm torn on the death penalty. I don't like it because all too often people are convicted and then years later found innocent. I do feel like it can be closure for families that lose loved ones though.

In this type of case, yes, I think if sent to jail they could be a serious target...I just don't have a lot of sympathy for people that commit horrible crimes, especially against children. Plus I feel like even if they have just a little remorse, they could be haunted by what they have done for the rest of their life in jail. That could be harder on them than death as well...guilt, regret, remorse can eat a person up...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Bookworm's Avatar
Bookworm Bookworm is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 862
Default

IMO, if they are capable of remorse then they would have enough morality to not commit the crime. They didn't snap. This wasn't "in the heat of the moment". This was done over time and they were fully aware of their actions and they also knew the consequences, hence the lies and attempted coverup.

When they get to prison they will probably be put in isolation or segregated with other child killers. But this doesn't guarantee their safety because the guards are infamous for telling the inmates who the child molesters/killers are.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
article, death

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Horrible and Disturbing Incident Second Home Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 09-12-2014 02:29 PM
Horrible News Bookworm Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 01-15-2014 06:28 PM
I Grew A Backbone... Now Feel Horrible Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 04-02-2013 01:06 PM
Does anyone else have a horrible Craigslist??? Crazy8 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 08-11-2012 06:22 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming