Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions about T-Shirt Project
Josiegirl 08:25 AM 08-09-2015
We're going to make t-shirts for our end of summer project. One of my dcgs gave us a tie-dye kit that decorates up to 20 shirts. Wow We'll be making 10 shirts. Sizes 24 months up to girls' 14-16. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to get them?
Plus, even if we use the tie-dye kit, how could we personalize them? Last time we made t-shirts I took a group picture and everyone got a shirt with it. They came out really awesome!! One of the dcks wore it earlier this summer and it sparked so much conversation and so many memories. Oh my goodness, how they've grown.
But I was thinking of somehow writing everybody's names on them(permanent markers??) Or making everybody's hand prints on them all. Or maybe, combined with tie-dying, it'd be over the top?
Any ideas on this project? I'm so unskilled in this kind of thing.
Thanks!!!
AuntTami 09:01 AM 08-09-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We're going to make t-shirts for our end of summer project. One of my dcgs gave us a tie-dye kit that decorates up to 20 shirts. Wow We'll be making 10 shirts. Sizes 24 months up to girls' 14-16. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to get them?
Plus, even if we use the tie-dye kit, how could we personalize them? Last time we made t-shirts I took a group picture and everyone got a shirt with it. They came out really awesome!! One of the dcks wore it earlier this summer and it sparked so much conversation and so many memories. Oh my goodness, how they've grown.
But I was thinking of somehow writing everybody's names on them(permanent markers??) Or making everybody's hand prints on them all. Or maybe, combined with tie-dying, it'd be over the top?
Any ideas on this project? I'm so unskilled in this kind of thing.
Thanks!!!
Are you inside my brain? I'm doing the same exact thing and was wanting to figure out how to personalize them too. Permanent marker or a bleach pen was the only things I could come up with too. I hope someone else has a better idea!
nothingwithoutjoy 09:23 AM 08-09-2015
How about glue relief? https://www.pinterest.com/pin/22166223137954260/
Josiegirl 10:28 AM 08-09-2015
Ooh that's cool and looks easy too! Just put all their names on everyone's shirts. The glue washes right out; you don't have to peel it all off?
Off to WalMart this week then. Thanks!

And AuntTami, of course! GMTA.
spedmommy4 02:35 PM 08-09-2015
I just picked up t-shirts at Hobby Lobby for my group. They ranged in price from $2-5 and they had a huge variety of colors. I was pretty impressed.
Reply Up