Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Are Making Me Crazy!
Koukla 08:09 AM 08-26-2011
I am trying to fill 3 spots in my daycare. I am having such a hard time with these parents. When i first talk to them through email or on the phone i always first tell them my hours then rates and ask will this work for you. then if it does I set up and interview...
I have now had 3 familys come and do interviews...
each one later came for an interview
family one changed what they wanted from ft to pt
family 2 said the hours open will not work because i am closed during the summer (this is why i ask if it will work before we do the interview)
family 3 has 2 kids and are now going to go with a nanny so kids can stay home..
so i went from posb. being full yesterday to now needing 3 kids again. augh what a waste of time.

If they know that being closed over the summer will not work why come for an interview and stay for over hours then pretty much beg me to pick them for my infant spot (because i have several familys who want that spot) then when i call today and say ok i picked you they say ohhh im so sorry we need someone that is open summer... aughhh makes me so angry...
cheerfuldom 09:11 AM 08-26-2011
i'm sorry, that is all really annoying. i think that most of the time parents do this assuming that your hours, etc are negotiable. I would put a note at the end of you email restating that the hours are----, the rate is -----, the daycare is closed for the summer months of ----- and that the beforementioned is firm and not negiotiable at this time. Please do not schedule an interview unless these items work with the care you are looking for.
CheekyChick 09:13 AM 08-26-2011
I'm sorry. That is soooooooo frustrating.

Just stay positive. There WILL be more children heading your way.
blessedmess8 12:08 PM 08-26-2011
I will tell you what my husband always tells me: "Millions of babies are made every night." Lol!!! Don't get discouraged! Although, it is so ridiculous to waste your time like that! How do you work being closed during the Summer, if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me.
Koukla 06:16 PM 08-26-2011
That is a good tip to add that info at the end like that. Im going to start doing that. ty..

I am able to close during the summer because I get alot of teachers, police and firefighters who all have back up care (grandparents) if they need it. One parent works from home and she has he mom watch a few days and then she will watch her for the other days. I know that because of my hours it is harder to get dck but it is what works best for my family. I am lic. for 6 kids and have 3 of my own. (two go to school so i dont have to count them but in the summer i do have to count them because they are here for more then 2 hrs.) Because of this i decided that its just not worth staying open for 3 kids.
Tags:parents - ask too much, parents - changing things
Reply Up