Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Same Room Napping?
DaycareMom 11:58 AM 11-15-2011
I have my 3 yo daughter and 2 1/2 yo dkg napping in the same room. Since I started this - neither of them sleep.

Are there any tricks or consequences or anything that you do to get the kids to sleep without staying in the room the whole time?

Any advice/suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!
Heidi 12:15 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by MissChristie:
I have my 3 yo daughter and 2 1/2 yo dkg napping in the same room. Since I started this - neither of them sleep.

Are there any tricks or consequences or anything that you do to get the kids to sleep without staying in the room the whole time?

Do they like to be together? If so, it goes like this: Set up another bed in a place that won't be fun.

"Katie and Zoey, I will give you one chance to sleep together. If you make noise, one of you will have to come out". If they blow it, one comes out. I would start with my own child on that. Next day, same deal.

If they can't figure out you mean it after a 3rd day, I would just make them start out in seperate rooms to start with. You need a break, too!

If you don't have space to seperate, how about creating a nest under a coffee table or behind a couch for one of them?
daycare 12:24 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by MissChristie:

where does your daughter normally take naps?
cheerfuldom 01:26 PM 11-15-2011
I think you should move the DCG and keep your kids rooms off limits. Daycare will just take over your whole house if you let it. I never let any daycare kids' schedules, etc. get in the way of my own kids needs and they need a nap!
caligirl 01:27 PM 11-15-2011
I put music on. Keep the door cracked and constantly check on them...if they are chatting or moving around, I keep reminding them over and over and over again 'it's nap time. NO talking'
Tags:nap, nap room, naptime issues, naptime routine, provider - own child
Reply Up