Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Room Decor
small_steps 03:56 PM 07-24-2012
I am really in need of some advice for my decor in my daycare room. I'm not very creative when it comes to things like this. I have the mammut tables from ikea, the pink, green, and blue table and chairs. I also have the trofast toy storage systems and they have pink, green, and blue storage tubs in them. I think I really want to use that pink, green, and blue theme...would these two wall art pieces look cute or is it too much?
I've tried to attach pics of what I have so you can compare. I need to take pictures of my own stuff but just haven't done that yet.

What doyou guys think? Would this look cute? Or does it even match enough? Open to other suggetions too. Mainly looking for ideas wall art for now.
Attached: alphabet-zoo-skip-hop-wall-decals.jpg (2.4 KB) RM-RMK1439SLM_lrg_1.jpg (17.9 KB) $(KGrHqZHJBoE-c4F1EwcBPsYqykt6g~~60_1.jpg (15.0 KB) 5194425.jpg (9.3 KB) 
SilverSabre25 04:05 PM 07-24-2012
Gorgeous stuff, but I worry that it's a little girly. If that's not something you mind, then go for it! But I worry that a playroom that's too girly in decor might scare off, so to speak, parents of boys.
small_steps 04:18 PM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Gorgeous stuff, but I worry that it's a little girly. If that's not something you mind, then go for it! But I worry that a playroom that's too girly in decor might scare off, so to speak, parents of boys.
It's so funny that you made that point and I do agree now that I think about it. I am a mom to 3 boys who are all definatly "all boy". Maybe that's why I liked it subconciously, I wanted more girly stuff lol.

THat is a good point. I will have to think more on this. I thought about doing the big dots on the walls and doing those colors. I don't know. I have to put something up soon. These bare walls are getting on my nerves
nanglgrl 05:27 PM 07-24-2012
I agree that while very cute it is also on the feminine side of decor. That said I would suggest you stay away from the things that stick on the walls, some kids will try to peel it off every time you blink and it will only take so much abuse before it stops sticking.
countrymom 07:15 PM 07-24-2012
where can I buy those sticker letters, I want some for my room, but not girly.
spud912 11:22 PM 07-24-2012
If I were you, I would just avoid the pink bins from Ikea and it would look less girly. I have stick-on letters as well at child-height in my playroom and none of the kids really mess with them too much (and I have a "touchy feely" group). They are too high for the toddlers but within reach of the preschoolers. In order to ensure they stay, I put double sided tape (the really thick kind) on the back. Now that I said that, I'm sure all the kids will be messing with them tomorrow
texascare 05:59 AM 07-25-2012
I stay with primary colors that can go either way and do educational wall things. I go to the teaching store and laminate everything that I buy. I do colors, numbers, animals and I always have a tree up. Each season I change it. For fall we have a "fall" tree and then Christmas its a Christmas tree and summer time it is a tree with coconuts, etc. If you have any windows in the room you could also put up some window clings.
Tags:decor, decorate photos
Reply Up