Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop Ins/Food Program
gracepatiencelove 12:20 PM 03-07-2014
My FP lady was here today. I get so annoyed with the program but she is so nice She was all, you serve such healthy stuff! You're doing great!

which is great to here since my adult conversations are mostly about the daily happenings from someones rear end

Anyway, she told me to go ahead and enroll any and all drop in kids I have. Great! Except sometimes they will only be here 1-2x a month. Sometimes, I have not received the form they sign monthly (the chart thing) yet and then they don't show up after that time until after it is due to be mailed in (happened this month).

Do you enroll your drop ins or charge more to cover cost of food? Would you make a minimum req. or ask that they drop by for this purpose? I already charge a pretty high rate for my area so I don't think a rate increase would go over well.

Sorry if I'm not being clear enough.
drseuss 12:23 PM 03-07-2014
Could you have your drop ins pack their own lunch? Then just charge a few dollars more per day to help cover things.

My dropins are enrolled but I'm not sure I like it that way.
butterfly 12:25 PM 03-07-2014
I enroll all drop in clients. They fill out the same paperwork as a regular full time client here. (I have had several drop in clients turn into full time clients after seeing how great my program is. ) It just saves me time to have ALL clients do the paperwork.

I've even enrolled my kid's friends in the food program (per the food program rep's suggestion.) She recommended that ALL children present be in the program and be paid for them even if they aren't in my care as a daycare client. (if the kid comes to play/visit my kid during meal times, then I'll typically have the parents sign the food program paperwork.)
mema 12:26 PM 03-07-2014
I enroll drop in kids in the food program, but parents only have to sign something once a year to confirm that their information is correct.
melilley 12:27 PM 03-07-2014
I enroll drop ins, but I'm not sure what you are saying about not counting them because you sent the form in? or signing a monthly form? Even if they are only there 1-2 times a month, you will get paid a little extra for that day kwim?

Here we only have to send in an annual enrollment paper and we check them off right when they eat or I do it right at the end of the day.

I do my claims online through mmk, so it may be different for me.
TwinKristi 12:30 PM 03-07-2014
It really depends on how often they're coming. I had a guy here on President's Day who I haven't had since Oct and it wasn't worth it for me to have him sign back up for 1 day so I just charged her a little more than I usually do, also since he's a drop-in. But I do have a pair of siblings who drop-in about once a month so I just keep them in my roster anyway. If they go a couple months without coming I may just remove them and charge a higher rate for their drop-in days.
Jack Sprat 12:35 PM 03-07-2014
Here enrollment on FP is when they start daycare and then once a year. I just add there name to the spreadsheet for the week they were here and make a note of it, then email.
Blackcat31 01:30 PM 03-07-2014
I charge more for drop-ins so that covers the cost of their snacks/meals.

I do not enroll them in the food program.

Too much hassle for me to maintain the paperwork etc.
gracepatiencelove 02:07 PM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

It is a lot... one mom just came in with her eyes bugged out lol, but she only has to sign!
gracepatiencelove 02:09 PM 03-07-2014
Thanks guys!

Here, I have to have them sign a monthly roster. My issue has been that some drop ins will just fall off the face of the earth for 1-2 months. I do NOT want to re-enroll and withdraw as my FP sponsor has to sign off on that. So that is no fun.

I am pretty sure no one would bring lunches!!
daycarediva 02:09 PM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This is what I do. Drop ins are $50/day. Regular ft rate is $35.
daycare 03:06 PM 03-07-2014
where I live I have to enroll every child in to the FP that I care for even if it is once a year. I have to show proof that since I am a participant in the program that I offered it to all families using my services.

it is also how they monitor my capacity.
Reply Up