Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Reworking My "Part Time" Rules/Regulations
cjohnson87 06:17 PM 04-14-2014
I have been in childcare for about 6-7 years (longer if you count my mom's home daycare I grew up in), started my own home daycare in January. I wanted only full time to start out but wasn't getting any takers and decided to open up to part-time with a 3 day minimum. Below are my two situations..

DCM 1 - a nurse who works three 12 hr shifts MWF, maybe the occasional different day here and there. Her husband is less then helpful so baby L comes to me at 5:30am (my hours are 6:15-5:00) and gets picked up at 5:00/5:30 that's when babysitter 2 can get her. I get paid for 4 full days for this arrangement so its not all bad, even though baby L is a handful on a good day.

DCM 2 - also a nurse who works odd shifts, only needed me two days a week, T/Th, I agreed because of the above arrangement. This family drops off 6:15 on the dot and picks up 5:00/5:05, even though one or both parents are home earlier than this (they live down the street from me) baby C is 3 weeks younger than baby L both around 5 months now.

Well the fixed days lasted maybe two weeks and DCM 1 needs to change her days she was always getting called off on the one day so every week is different now, and then DCM 2 a month later needs to start changing her days as well. I don't have people knocking down my door so I'm dealing with it for now because i need the income.

I honestly don't mind the part time days, its kind of nice knowing days you don't have certain dck's, except for the fact that these two babies are a handful on their own and together I need a drink by the end of the day not to mention my almost 3 yr dd and 2yr nephew I also watch.

I want to make full time my priority but I'd also like to be open to the above situations and not be overloaded or underpaid. I already have full time priority over part time on my list of changes to be made (will take suggestions on this too)

-What regulations do you have for changing schedules.
-Do you charge a different price for changing schedules.
-Offer different pricing for 8hr days and 10hr days?
-Also DCM 1 texts me everyday baby L is here, I'm not sure what to say everytime?

Thanks in advance
Tags:contract - part time, parttime family, rates - daily
Up