Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Nap Time Dilemma
Josiegirl 10:39 AM 07-07-2016
Ok so our nap time usually runs from 12ish to 2 or so. Since I have a couple that take forever to fall asleep(if they even do), I hate to let them continue sleeping much past the 2:00 mark because then we don't get much outdoor time before some of them go home. And of course, they're a bunch of growly lil bears for the rest of the day.
How does it work for your group if some are slow to settle down then don't want to wake up?
Thriftylady 10:54 AM 07-07-2016
As a general rule I don't kick big dogs or wake sleeping children. However we also go outside in the morning. Could you slip in some more outdoor time in the morning.
daycarediva 11:16 AM 07-07-2016
I started all new kids. 5 part time and 1 full time. We are not at all in a groove yet. The part timers are all taking longer to get into a routine. The full timer is a gem, he is seriously no problem at all. I say sleep and he says "YAY"

Part timers are varying ages 18m-4yo and all want to nap at different times. I am sticking it out with crabby young ones just so my older ones get a rest still. My littles could easily do 11-1, but my older kids wouldn't rest at all, so we are staying with 12:30-2:30. Littles eat and go straight to lay down from lunch. Buuuuttt now they are up before my older kids (2 are playing on their mats as I type this, but my 2 older kids are still OUT. UGH!
Josiegirl 02:38 PM 07-07-2016
You say sleep and he says YAY??
OMG I need your instruction manual.
I think I will keep them out longer in the morning, make lunch a bit later, then maybe get them down for nap 30-45 minutes later. Could be I'm trying to rush them into a nap. Gee, wonder why that would be.
But 12:30 or 12:45-2:30 sounds completely doable.
Thanks all!
Tags:naptime issues
Reply Up