Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Room Setup - Advice Please!
Max 09:43 PM 04-02-2017
Looking for advice on this setup for daycare that DH and I have been contemplating...

We have a rambler and daycare will be on the main floor, with our living room containing the main play space. We have a small 'landing' area off the living room (not sure if everyone calls it that, it's basically a small rectangle that serves as a hallway) that leads to the 3 bedrooms and 1 bath.

Instead of having our over-sized furniture and TV setup in the living room, we're thinking of moving it to a bedroom, and instead having a smaller couch and chair or two in the living room as part of the play space. So we would end up with a 'TV room' and our living room would be entirely for daycare.

Make sense? lol DH and I like the idea but looking for advice from you folks For some reason I think parents might be weirded out just cause it's not the conventional setup of an American home

I would intend to still use the 'TV room' in my program, for the occasional movie day or to aid in offering other services (such as mildly ill care or allowing parents of infants only to visit and be separated from the other kids).

Maybe I shouldn't be calling it the TV room when parents tour but rather the multi-purpose room?
CalCare 10:13 PM 04-02-2017
I would call the TV room the "Family Room". I wouldn't bother with a small couch and chair in the playroom. I am happy sitting on the floor in the playroom and the kids have a crib mattress set up as a cozy/reading area. So no couch is needed. I think it would just take up too much play space.
Unregistered 05:45 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by CalCare:
I would call the TV room the "Family Room". I wouldn't bother with a small couch and chair in the playroom. I am happy sitting on the floor in the playroom and the kids have a crib mattress set up as a cozy/reading area. So no couch is needed. I think it would just take up too much play space.
Agree with all above. I have have two dedicated DC rooms and I do have a wooden rocking chair for me, but I sit on the floor too! A couch and chair invites jumping, noses get accidently wiped on it, rolling off etc.

So yes, it takes up lots of space and creates frustration!
Max 11:51 AM 04-05-2017
Family Room - that's perfect! Thanks!

And thank you for the advice on the furniture, I hadn't even thought of all those things. A crib mattress with a mattress protector and fitted sheet would be so much easier to clean up after!
Reply Up