Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:49 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default California Providers--Tax Help

Last year was my first year in business so I'm doing my state taxes for the first time as a business. Are there any additional forms or directions that need to be followed? I know for the federal return I had to complete a Schedule C and Schedule SE; is there an equivalent in California state taxes? I'm having trouble finding any clear answers online.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:55 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default CA taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoysMom View Post
Last year was my first year in business so I'm doing my state taxes for the first time as a business. Are there any additional forms or directions that need to be followed? I know for the federal return I had to complete a Schedule C and Schedule SE; is there an equivalent in California state taxes? I'm having trouble finding any clear answers online.
The other federal form you must fill out if you do child care in your home is IRS Form 8829. There are no specific CA forms you need to fill out as a child care provider.

Tags
california, daycare taxes, schedule c