Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diapers & Wipers
mainemomma 06:52 AM 06-29-2010
SO I have 4 kid's in diapers right now (one that is my own)...I am looking for some ideas as a way to keep them organized? What do you have for a set up for the diapering area? I use a mat on the floor as I dont really have the space for a changing table. Right now I have them sitting on my window sill behind the couch which works, but my OCD for organization isn't liking it lol
SunflowerMama 07:00 AM 06-29-2010
I use a mat on the floor for changing too...I need all the space I can get . For dipes I have one of those plastic hanging shoe racks for the door. Mine has 4 rows and I just seperate everyone's diapers, wipes, cream, etc. that way. It works wonderfully and doesn't take up additional space.

I only have 1 in diapers now so I also use it for storage.

Greenshadow 07:00 AM 06-29-2010
In my last house, I bought those plastic drawers from Walmart and my husband mounted it on the wall. One drawer for each kid. I labelled them. Worked wonderfully! Fit diapers and wipes and cream.

Now I have a changing table with two cabinets underneath it. Holds everything.
Childminder 07:07 AM 06-29-2010
I have a changing table that fastens to the wall from IKEA. It's made of metal, has pockets that hold wipes and creams, and folds up to about 6 inches protrusion from the wall. $60 is about what I paid.
tymaboy 07:34 AM 06-29-2010
I bought a diaper organizer at Kmart. It was maybe $20. It has 4 compartments on the bottom & the top is split in 2. each compartments onthe bottom I put the diaper & creams that belong to each child. I have parents bring wipes all at the same time, I do not keep them separate for each child.
Crystal 07:39 AM 06-29-2010
I have a sweater organizer....it has 7 sweater pockets. Each one holds a whole package of diapers and a box of wipes. I put te children's names on theri box of wipes and it stays in their pocket for diapers. It hangs in the closet, next to my restroom. I use a napmat on the floor in the restroom near the sink, and have a box of plastic bags on a shelf over the toilet for dirty diapers. The napmat folds up nicely and fits along side my sink, so it's convenient to store and pull out for use.
jen 08:24 AM 06-29-2010
I have a large closet in my bathroom. Each child has a plastic box with their diapers, wipes, extra clothes, etc. The closet is child locked because in MN diapers have to be out of reach of children so the door organizer wouldn't work but I would do that if I could.
boysx5 08:32 AM 06-29-2010
I bought the one dollar baskets from Walmart and keep everything in those in my closet and keep them organize that way everyone has their own color and makes life eaiser
mac60 09:35 AM 06-29-2010
I have a small 2 door cabinet that is about 42" high with 2 doors. It has 3 shelves, so I stack diapers and wipes, and extra clothing on the shelves, antibacterial wipes, kleenex, sunscreen, bibs etc on the top in a basket. Works great and they are out of sight. It is in my dining room and I change on a mat on the floor in front of it.
DCMom 10:23 AM 06-29-2010
Up until a little while ago, I had 6, yes 6, in diapers. I still have 3 and one potty training. About 6 months ago, I invested in a commercial wall mount changing station that folds into the wall. I have a decorative shelf above that holds wipes, diapers etc. I don't know what I did without it...the biggest plus is the space that it opened up in the playroom!

Before that, I used a low two drawer chest that had a changing pad that sat on top. I had gotten it at a yard sale, so I just painted it to match my decor. I kept the diapers lined up in the top drawer with a decorative shelf above that held the wipes, creams, etc. and the extra clothing, etc in the other.
MarinaVanessa 10:28 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
I use a mat on the floor for changing too...I need all the space I can get . For dipes I have one of those plastic hanging shoe racks for the door. Mine has 4 rows and I just seperate everyone's diapers, wipes, cream, etc. that way. It works wonderfully and doesn't take up additional space.
I would have never thought of this! I love it! Four rows would work more than perfectly for me since I can't have more than 3 infants anyway and I have 1 in training pants. This way parents can keep track of their own childs supplies. I'll have to try this.
Unregistered 09:01 AM 06-30-2010
do you supply diapers, wipes, etc?
sweetmomi 09:13 AM 06-30-2010
do you supply diapers, wipes, and all of that?
AmandasFCC 12:44 PM 06-30-2010
I have a weird set up in my naproom, which is where I do diaper changes ... The closet sticks out of the wall, and on the side of that the previous owners built in a little counter. So I threw a changing pad on the counter and added a shelf above that, and each child in care his their own storage bin which contains their diapers, change of clothes, and anything else parents leave. Each bin is labelled with the child's name, and it keeps things organized and out of my way.
SunflowerMama 01:03 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
do you supply diapers, wipes, etc?
I supply wipes and parents the diapers.
Golden Rule 01:25 PM 06-30-2010
My cubby cabinet is pretty standard I guess (got the cheapo cabinet at goodwill for $35 years ago.) the doors close and lock. For a table I just use a folding/locking banquett table from Walmart with a mounted, wire, closet shelf above it. I like simple. Inside those crayon boxes are their personal pacifiers, tylenol, motrin, etc.

11-14-08 007.jpg
Attached:
Tags:diaper
Reply Up