Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent E-mail's
TGT09 07:20 AM 08-31-2010
What is your policy on sending out mass e-mail's to your parents? Do you allow them each to see everyone else's e-mail addresses or do you blind copy or send out individual e-mail's.

I'm sending out an e-mail to remind parent's that I'm closed on Labor Day. In the past I have always sent out individual e-mail's but wonder if it would be a big deal to just do 1?

I guess paranoid me wonders if the parents will e-mail each other to talk about me. lol :-)
missnikki 07:30 AM 08-31-2010
Professionally, it would be best to blind copy each of them. Word the mass email in such a way that it is obviously not just for them: Attention daycare families, or A quick note to all my families, etc...
SunflowerMama 07:36 AM 08-31-2010
I just email them all and they can all see each other's emails. I have a small group and we are all friends here .
TGT09 07:40 AM 08-31-2010
See, I wanted to blind copy but cannot for the life of my computer savvy self figure out how to do it on AOL. lol
DanceMom 07:52 AM 08-31-2010
I've always sent it out to them all without blind copying..I have always worried they would email each other and compare rates etc.
tymaboy 07:56 AM 08-31-2010
I just send it to everyone.
missnikki 08:01 AM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
See, I wanted to blind copy but cannot for the life of my computer savvy self figure out how to do it on AOL. lol
Just put the addresses into the "Bcc" spot, instead of the "to" spot. I put all of my parents in one group of contacts, so with one click it adds all the addy's into whatever spot I want.
tenderhearts 09:05 AM 08-31-2010
I don't send anything by email.
TGT09 09:07 AM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Just put the addresses into the "Bcc" spot, instead of the "to" spot. I put all of my parents in one group of contacts, so with one click it adds all the addy's into whatever spot I want.
There is no BCC spot on AOL mail. I did end up figuring it out but it's a pain in the booty!
Rachel 09:44 AM 08-31-2010
Put them in parenthesis. I also do them blind.
kendallina 10:08 AM 08-31-2010
I send it out to everyone. We're small here too and everyone knows each other, so it's not a biggie.
MarinaVanessa 10:12 AM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I don't send anything by email.
I don't either. Just because I never know if they check their email or not and would worry that they wouldn't check it in time or something. I just give everyone the same printed notice and tack an extra on the clipboard on top of the sign-in sheets.

Originally Posted by TGT09:
There is no BCC spot on AOL mail. I did end up figuring it out but it's a pain in the booty!
So how did you figure it out? I have AOL also and always wondered how to do this.
TGT09 10:13 AM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by Rachel:
Put them in parenthesis. I also do them blind.
Yeah, this is how it does it now that I figured it out. I don't know why I didn't know this already. Thanks!
Tags:email, email to notify, notify
Reply Up