Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling Appreciated!
Meeko 12:29 PM 12-19-2011
Remember my post a while back about the mom who spoke up and told off some NOT so respectful parents?

She showed up Friday right as we put the kids down for nap. She whispered..."I'm not staying...just wanted to bring you this", In the bag was lunch from my favorite Chinese restaurant. Very sweet of her.

Fast forward to pick up time. She arrives to pick up her son. In her hands is a big Christmas bag. She hands it to me, gives me a hug and tells me Merry Christmas. I thought lunch was my gift!!!

She tells me to open it on Christmas. So I put it up in a safe place and we say our goodbyes. They are going home to CA for the holidays and won't be back until after New Years.

I take the bag home and peek inside. There are 3 wrapped gifts in it. There's also a card, so I decided to open it. I pull out a beautiful photo card (she's a photographer in her spare time) and open it. Out falls a $100 bill!!!!!!! The inside of the card has a beautiful hand written letter about how they love and care about my family and the care we take of their baby. It made me cry.

I haven't opened the gifts yet, but am overwhelmed by her generosity and thoughtfulness.

So even though I know there will be those who will pick up Christmas Eve and won't even say "Merry Christmas"....I won't care!!! It feels good to be appreciated. The lunch, gifts and $$ are very nice....but to be truthful, the letter means the most.
pfund2233 12:34 PM 12-19-2011
That is awesome. It feels great to know when what your doing matters and means something!!!
laundrymom 12:35 PM 12-19-2011
Awesome!!!!! I have tears!!
SilverSabre25 12:35 PM 12-19-2011
oh meeko, how wonderful! I almost feel like tearing up. That's so sweet!!
CheekyChick 12:40 PM 12-19-2011
That is wonderful. You must be an extraordinary child care provider and she wanted to show her gratitude. AWESOME!!!
MommieNana4 12:42 PM 12-19-2011
That is great!!! It is nice to be appreciated!!! You deserve it!!!
lil angels 12:55 PM 12-19-2011
You are making me cry that is so sweet!
daycare 12:56 PM 12-19-2011
wow that is so sweet of the mother... It's so nice that words can be so PRICELESS... and glad they were words of positive statute.

Ariana 03:00 PM 12-19-2011
WOW!!!! That is so wonderful!!! What a great family!!!

I didn't even get so much as a card from one family
daycare 03:01 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
WOW!!!! That is so wonderful!!! What a great family!!!

I didn't even get so much as a card from one family
lol dont worry I didnt either...but I neve expect anything from anyone...lol
Luna 05:12 PM 12-19-2011
Awesome! It's great to hear you're appreciated
Kaddidle Care 07:07 PM 12-19-2011
Double Awesome!
Christian Mother 07:08 PM 12-19-2011
AWWW!! That brought tears to my eyes!! What great parents!!
godiva83 07:17 PM 12-19-2011
That's great! I knew she was a star when she stood up for you with the other DCP at pick up time!
If only a little bit of her could rub off on the rest of the crowd
Heidi 07:45 PM 12-19-2011
too cool! Yeah for you, Meeko!
Meeko 07:50 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
That's great! I knew she was a star when she stood up for you with the other DCP at pick up time!
If only a little bit of her could rub off on the rest of the crowd
She's a keeper and her baby boy is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
Tags:appreciation, great parents
Reply Up