Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Complain Against A Teacher In Daycare
gilfans 12:48 PM 06-03-2012
Hi,

My 2 year old son has been physically restrained and the teacher has given him timeouts because he imitates other children.she holds him tight on the chair and my son cries in pain.

I am talking to the manager of this daycare,but they are not serious and also they dont have cameras to monitor

1.can I complain about this to the PA daycare licensing authority?

2.can i compain this to police?

3.can i use a spy camera in a daycare and show it as a proof?

I am trying to see how to best handle this situation.the management is a kind of reckless as they know they dont have CCTV there.

Thanks
Hunni Bee 07:25 PM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by gilfans:
Hi,

My 2 year old son has been physically restrained and the teacher has given him timeouts because he imitates other children.she holds him tight on the chair and my son cries in pain.

I am talking to the manager of this daycare,but they are not serious and also they dont have cameras to monitor

1.can I complain about this to the PA daycare licensing authority?

2.can i compain this to police?

3.can i use a spy camera in a daycare and show it as a proof?

I am trying to see how to best handle this situation.the management is a kind of reckless as they know they dont have CCTV there.

Thanks
A couple things....not trying to be rude or snarky at all. Trying to understand your post.

How do you know this happened/happens?

You brought your concerns to the manager and they didn't take them seriously, is that what your mean by not serious?

I don't know about filming other people's kids without permission. I don't think you can bring any type of recording device into a daycare without permission and media releases.
seastar 03:44 AM 06-05-2012
Hello,

I also would like to know, how do you know the teacher has restrain your child. How many times this has happened?

Why the manager is not taking you seriously? Who is the director not manager of this facility? Share your concerns with the director and follow it up with a letter to keep a paper trail of the events. If no results then start looing for another facility for your child and make a call to DCF that will get their attention.
Unregistered 07:29 PM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
A couple things....not trying to be rude or snarky at all. Trying to understand your post.

You brought your concerns to the manager and they didn't take them seriously, is that what your mean by not serious?

I don't know about filming other people's kids without permission. I don't think you can bring any type of recording device into a daycare without permission and media releases.
ignore these responses. let me tell you the truth most day care providers first deny flat as they are concerned you might comlain to the state. As per spy camera in PA there are no firm rules on video but there are clear laws for Audio recording in PA,VA and MA. It all depends on the situation .

as you have mentioned there are no CCTV cams, you can prove using a spy cam as it all boils down to the point of the child's safety.

anyway I am not a lawyer, please contact a lawyer for advise.
gilfans 07:41 PM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

I live in florida .what is the law.
Countrygal 06:21 AM 06-06-2012
I am going to assume by the similarity of posts, that this is the same person who posted in the original thread in the Daycare Center area. You didn't answer the questions put to you there, and similar questions have been put to you here that you again have not answered.

If you seriously would like our opinions, we must have more information. This is a forum of daycare providers. We need to know how and why you are making such a serious accusation, as the consequences for the center and worker are very serious, as are the consequences to your child if the Daycare is in fact allowing these things to go on.

If you do not want to answer our questions to get our opinions, then you need to do as the other poster suggestion and seek the help of a lawyer. You probably should do that anyway. I think you are probably seeking information in the wrong place, IMO.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
I am going to assume by the similarity of posts, that this is the same person who posted in the original thread in the Daycare Center area. You didn't answer the questions put to you there, and similar questions have been put to you here that you again have not answered.

If you seriously would like our opinions, we must have more information. This is a forum of daycare providers. We need to know how and why you are making such a serious accusation, as the consequences for the center and worker are very serious, as are the consequences to your child if the Daycare is in fact allowing these things to go on.

If you do not want to answer our questions to get our opinions, then you need to do as the other poster suggestion and seek the help of a lawyer. You probably should do that anyway. I think you are probably seeking information in the wrong place, IMO.
I am a little confused about this as well. Both the IP address and location in the posters user profile say Pennsylvania but poster is stating they live in Florida. I know the IP address location is not completely accruate but the user profile is filled out by the user or is blank if they don't type anything in.

Apologies if this is not the case, but it also sounds as if there may be a language barrier as well... not sure.

But definitely a confusing thread...not sure of the intent or the actual question.
permanentvacation 07:16 AM 06-07-2012
If you suspect that your child is being mistreated in daycare to the point that you are thinking about calling the police about it, WHY IS YOUR CHILD STILL GOING TO THAT DAYCARE????

If what you are saying is true, it sounds to me that your child is disobeying the teacher, continues to do what the teacher tells him not to do, and then when told to sit in time out, disobeys the teacher about doing that as well. So, the teacher is trying to make the child obey her and sit in time out, but since he won't obey her and simply sit in the chair, she is trying to MAKE him obey her by holding him down in the chair. Which technically, she isn't allowed to do. But, for children that won't obey, there are only a couple of options. 1. Tell the child to sit in time out, he refuses, so the teacher ignores the child's disobedience and lets the child do what he wants.(The child gets away with doing wrong and continues to rule over the adult) 2. Hold the child down in the time out chair in hopes that eventually, the child will learn that he will not run the show here and that the adult is in charge and he will do as the adult says.( Yeah, she's not supposed to put her hands on the child, however, she's not hitting the child, just holding him in a chair to get him to learn that she is in charge, not him). 3. The teacher could send the child to the office. This becomes a habit with disobedient children and they simply spend a good bit of their day in the office not interacting with other children or learning in their classroom. Also, the child does not learn to obey the teacher, they simply are shipped back and forth from the classroom to the office daily.

Maybe, as a parent, you should teach the child to obey their teacher. Then they wouldn't be having this problem in the first place.
Former Teacher 01:02 PM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:

That is why I will not respond to not only unregistered posts but new members who posts are contradictory or just plain doesn't make sense.

I save myself a lot of frustration and I don't feed the trolls
Hunni Bee 05:40 PM 06-07-2012
I noticed in the thread that was posted in the Daycare forum, the person said it was their daughter who had been restrained. On this one, it says it was a son.

That ends it for me
Reply Up