Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Have To Renew Contracts Every Year?
melilley 10:49 AM 01-02-2014
Do you have to renew parent/caregiver contracts every year or can you use the same one for the duration of care as long as nothing changes?

I did change a few things in my handbook, but I typed out all of the changes and am having parents sign the paper and am giving them a copy to put in the old handbook.
MarinaVanessa 11:01 AM 01-02-2014
I would just keep the old contracts and add the signed copies to their files. Add the changes to the handbook and give the new handbooks to new clients.

I update general info in my HB almost yearly and I just hand out new copies to DCP's if there are a lot of changes and hand out a notice with the highlights of the changes and the date it comes into effect.
melilley 11:24 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I would just keep the old contracts and add the signed copies to their files. Add the changes to the handbook and give the new handbooks to new clients.

I update general info in my HB almost yearly and I just hand out new copies to DCP's if there are a lot of changes and hand out a notice with the highlights of the changes and the date it comes into effect.
Thanks! I'm going to do this.
Cradle2crayons 11:31 AM 01-02-2014
The ONLY things I update every year are :::

Contracts
Emergency contact information
Child ID record
Emergency medical treatment consent
Prescription medication administration forms

And any addendum along he way to policies.
Annalee 11:35 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Do you have to renew parent/caregiver contracts every year or can you use the same one for the duration of care as long as nothing changes?

I did change a few things in my handbook, but I typed out all of the changes and am having parents sign the paper and am giving them a copy to put in the old handbook.
Licensing requires providers to renew each year. These files will be checked upon annual evaluation.
Annalee 11:39 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by dapb45:
Licensing requires providers to renew each year. These files will be checked upon annual evaluation.
Need to clarify, this is for my home state.
melilley 12:22 PM 01-02-2014
I just decided to renew every year. Thanks everyone!
renodeb 12:31 PM 01-07-2014
That should be good enough. SOme providers renew yearly and some dont. I dont. My contract is in effect until that family stops care/leaves. For me thats just easier. If theres any changes I just type them out and have each parent sign. But check your states regs to be sure.
TwinKristi 01:14 PM 01-07-2014
Good idea! I think I will do the same!
daycare 01:25 PM 01-07-2014
I update every 3 months

When I do this here is what I ask.

Any changes to employment, phone, address etc
emergency contacts
update on immunizations
under new medications or has changed medications
any other necessary information to help keep their child safe.

I ask that parents do this when it happens and just hope that are honest about it and tell me. BUT I require them to fill out a new update form quarterly. If there are no changes to it, then they will just indicate no changes. Almost always there is some change. I do have to say it does frustrate me a little that they don't report the changes until I ask. I think that most parents just always forget to tell me.
Reply Up