Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We want to play outside:)
mamamanda 08:42 AM 01-27-2015
How warm does it have to be for you to take your kids out to play? What about with infants? I'm so ready to go back outside even if it's just for 15 minutes, but its been staying in the upper 20's around here.
finsup 09:37 AM 01-27-2015
25 or warmer...although with us, its not so much cold temps. It's small legs trying to get through a foot or more of snow lol. Infants can go on sleds at least. But we're also in Maine and used to this weather. I know some parents in warmer climates are horrified when I say we go out in 25 degree weather.
Blackcat31 09:44 AM 01-27-2015
I think it depends on your area. I'm in northern MN and unless it's below zero, we go outside. Anything above 10F seems like a heat wave in the winter months.

So depending on where you live... 20F can mean anything.
e.j. 09:47 AM 01-27-2015
I usually take the kids out as long as it's 20 degrees. A lot depends on the wind chill factor and how much sunshine there is. A breezy, sunny 20 degree day feels so much better than a windy, cloudy 20 degrees. What truly amazes me are the providers who take their kids out in sub zero weather. I wish I were that hardy but I could never do that! (I give you all tons of credit!)
VTMom 09:49 AM 01-27-2015
Usually 15' and above (includes windchill). This winter it feels like those days are few and far between though.
Josiegirl 10:16 AM 01-27-2015
We went outside this a.m. when it was around 15 out, before the wind hit. It's still around 15 but man, it doesn't feel like it now! Blowing snow everywhere and it is C O L D.
daycarediva 10:20 AM 01-27-2015
20* with windchill included. I would LOVE to go out for ALL weather, but I can't get parents on board with proper gear (thinsulate gloves, good thick hats, heavy duty coats, etc).

My own kids are outside pretty much every day, regardless of weather.
midaycare 10:42 AM 01-27-2015
20 and above, including windchill. But sometimes we go out in colder weather if it is sunny and feels nice. Sometimes it is 10 and feels like 30 here.

One of the things I am having trouble with is the ice here. It's so icy everywhere that we can barely step outside.
Unregistered 11:07 AM 01-27-2015
Where I live, if it's 20 degrees, they cancel school because it's too cold.
Reply Up