Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Activities for Just Turned 3 Year Olds?
momneedscoffee 08:57 AM 07-08-2015
I have two little boys that just turned three (one is my son). I try all kinds of activities but nothing seems to really hold their attention, besides play doh & the water table We've tried blocks, legos, art, coloring, chalk, etc. They also don't quite understand pretend play yet. I do understand that this short attention span is normal for that age, but I'm just looking for some suggestions for new activities to try- indoor or outdoor I also care for a 1 yr old and my 4 mo. daughter, so I prefer something that won't need constant supervision. Thanks!! ☺
childcaremom 09:51 AM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by momneedscoffee:
I have two little boys that just turned three (one is my son). I try all kinds of activities but nothing seems to really hold their attention, besides play doh & the water table We've tried blocks, legos, art, coloring, chalk, etc. They also don't quite understand pretend play yet. I do understand that this short attention span is normal for that age, but I'm just looking for some suggestions for new activities to try- indoor or outdoor I also care for a 1 yr old and my 4 mo. daughter, so I prefer something that won't need constant supervision. Thanks!! ☺
Bubbles.
Painting (inside and outside)
Cars (little ones) for inside and outside
Water play
Sand play
Basically any sensory type stuff
Notebooks, writing tools
Scavenger hunts
Restaurant play (dishes, mud, water, baking soda, mixing stuff, menus)
Small world stuff (search pinterest) Very popular with my 3 yo

Hope that helps!
Rachel 05:02 AM 07-12-2015
My ds will be 3 next month (how did THAT happen???????). Anyway, he likes coloring and art stuff. Sticking stickers will keep him busy for about a year (j/k). Magnetiles and blocks if I get him started. Also I rotate toys a lot, so there is always "new" stuff.

If you show them how to play a few times, they are also old enough for the matching games, puzzles, picture bingo type stuff, etc. I find a kid table is a huge help because anything I put at the table to play with is usually more interesting than the same toy on the floor
Reply Up