Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Nap Time Is Over At 2:45...
MissAnn 11:40 AM 03-11-2016
Don't knock on my door ar 2:44. I am in the potty. That is the plan....every day.

Please tell me I'm not the only on who literally waits till the last second to wake kids. I cherish every minute!
Miss A 12:05 PM 03-11-2016
I do as well! Now that I am pregnant, I need that nap time for my down time. It means I can lay on the couch with the TV on quietly, with an ear in the kiddos and know that after they have rested, I will feel rested and ready for the rest of the day to continue. I am blessed with good nappers right now, bug on Monday I take on a 3 month old who will need some adjusting.
jenboo 01:29 PM 03-11-2016
I never wake kiddos
MissAnn 02:38 PM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I never wake kiddos
I have a few who get picked up soon after nap. I love it because my numbers go down. oh, I wish all of them got picked up early!
lovemydaycare0912 04:42 PM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I have a few who get picked up soon after nap. I love it because my numbers go down. oh, I wish all of them got picked up early!
Yessss I always get tempted to do tiered rates but then I remember I like what I get paid now.
Blackcat31 05:00 PM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Yessss I always get tempted to do tiered rates but then I remember I like what I get paid now.
When I changed to contracted hours and tiered rates I took my weekly rate and made that be the rate for the earliest pick up time.

I sold it to parents by explaining there would only be an increase in rates if THEY chose to pick up after that time.

Almost all my families pick up earlier than they previously did before.

I now work less hours and make more money than before so tiered rates and early pick ups arent a bad thing at all.
Brittany 09:31 PM 03-14-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
When I changed to contracted hours and tiered rates I took my weekly rate and made that be the rate for the earliest pick up time.

I sold it to parents by explaining there would only be an increase in rates if THEY chose to pick up after that time.

Almost all my families pick up earlier than they previously did before.

I now work less hours and make more money than before so tiered rates and early pick ups arent a bad thing at all.
That is a great idea!

To the original op, I would interview both; if they are both as great as they seem, I would definitely consider terming the problem family.
Tags:naptime issues, tiered rates
Reply Up