Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Barriers at Naptime?
Josiegirl 03:18 PM 07-02-2016
I redid my playroom today and did a whole lotta clearing our of extra stuff. I had it all sectioned off before with shelving and toys forming walls so the dcks would be separated at nap time. Now I've done away with that and am wondering how naps will work now.
It looks really nice now, uncluttered, and there'll be room for 8 kids to move around without bumping into each other. Plus that room can get pretty warm by lunchtime so it'll be nice to put a fan on and have it touch everybody. But I bet they don't sleep.
Unregistered 05:45 PM 07-02-2016
I break down cardboard boxes and use them as low dividers at naptime for kids who need them. They are lightweight and fold up so don't take much space to store.
Unregistered 11:37 AM 07-03-2016
Folding nap mats make great dividers too!
Controlled Chaos 01:19 PM 07-03-2016
Lay them down alternating which way their heads and feet point. That helped when I worked at a center.
Unregistered 02:15 PM 07-03-2016
It may not be necessary - I've never used anything. But nap mats could work, or a bean bag, or anything large and soft that can block the view.
Josiegirl 04:55 PM 07-03-2016
Thanks everybody, if I have any problems I'll just do something quick and easy for the moment but I'd hate to put the playroom back the way it was. This way feels so light and airy, a perfect summer playroom. Hopefully it'll work out.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 02:02 PM 07-04-2016
I use 2 sections of my "baby cage" (summer play yard) in a L form if I need to section. I just throw a blanket over it.
CityGarden 07:48 AM 07-05-2016
For my girl scouts when they were little and we did overnights I made little indoor tents that only fitted one girl each - it cut down on the little chatting all night
BrooklynM 02:37 PM 07-12-2016
I use black trifold science boards. They work great and last forever! If they don't, then they are less than $5 to replace, but so far, I've had mine for over 3 years and I haven't had to replace them.
Play Care 02:46 PM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
For my girl scouts when they were little and we did overnights I made little indoor tents that only fitted one girl each - it cut down on the little chatting all night
That will be good to know for our next GS overnight! (although I have third year juniors so I'm probably out of luck )
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 07-14-2016
Ugh naptime is changing so much as these girls age.
I do a temp shield from each other which seems to work alright. But 1 of them seems to think she no longer needs to sleep and is so darn fidgety. After 30-45 minutes she starts crying so wakes everybody else up. And then another 1 has started screaming as soon as they all start laying down. I had to put her cot in the kitchen yesterday, then she was out in under 2 minutes.
And these are my 2 youngest.
Tags:barrier, naptime - barriers
Reply Up